My first grow box

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kevin42069, Mar 7, 2007.

1. G'day, take a gander at my recently brewed up box's. Made outa a 24 box and a 12 packer. Others made outa a Chop saw box. Flourecent lights in both. Lined with Tin foil. Dual exhaust fans in one, and a biggin in the other,

Attached Files:

2. How many plants are you going to be growing in there, and what are the dimensions of the boxes? What wattage of lights?

3. Scratch the beer box grow. Im gunna make a new one tomorrow. But the the other one is 24 x 14 x 24 for 6 plants, only growin them to about a foot and a half tall. Dual 60 watt flourecent bulbs. Also, give me opinions for the new box. Thanks.

WP!

4. you want atleast 50 watts per plant. So if you have 120 watts, that's good for 2 plants. That's a short space, are you going to LST them?

5. What do you mean by LST them?

6. Low stress test, check the sticky.

also dont use tinfoil as it will burn holes in your plants,

order some mylar from the internet cheap as fuck i got 4m for £10

-darkjedi

7. how do u do LST

8. What size of growbox?

9. i said already man?

Check the sticky in this forum.... i.e look at the very top of all the threads in this topic.

10. Instead of the tinfoil, would old posters work like the back side of them, ther white and shiny.

11. buy some mylar!!!!!!

if you cant get that paint the inside plain white, that will be better than tinfoil.

-darkjedi

12. You see the thing is, is that I dont want to spend any money on it if possible. Im thinkin that the white posters will do the trick. Ill post a picture of it and you can see for your self.

Attached Files:

13. The new box I constructed today is 28"H x 16"W x 16"D. Ill post some pictures in a bit.

14. Attached Files:

15. I have a question, is it ok to set my box on the ground in my basement. Its a cement ground but its def not clean. I will post a pic if needed. And my box has a bottom on it but its not a tight fit.

16. i hope u only plan to grow one plant in there with that light. th epoint is that ur space is too small and u shoudl have 100 watss per plant. if u dont want to spend money its not going to get you anywhere

17. People are sayin different shit in every post i read, one said 55 watts per plant, now ur sayin 100. Which is it, i can put my other 65 watt bulb in there if its nessesary. And how will not spending money not get me anywhere, the more money i save the more i profit from this.

18. its 100 watts per plant minimum, and your wrong, if you spend an extra 30 quid you'll get more bud and you'l be smokin for free for longer.

19. think of it as an investment rather than an expenditure. if youre willing to go through all the effort of raising a plant, through germ, veg and flower, youre going to get attached to it and be disappointed when it brings you a wiry little 8th, rather than a potential ounce or two. its all about preperation, and once prepared, you can have a constant stream of top bud every couple of months. if a jobs worth doing, (and few are more worthwhile than this wonderful project) its worth doing well. good luck man

20. Dude, be carefull with fire hazard, since it seem's a cardboard box.
    Nothing wil draw more attention than a fire on ur basement.
    A simillar setup with plywood will be cheap too and safer.
    Good luck