My first grow: Bagseed goodness in FLA

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by backyard bandit, May 17, 2012.

1. #1 backyard bandit, May 17, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2012
    I had found a casey jones seed in a bag about 6 months ago and froze it for later when I would have a place to put it. I am not posting my seedling pics as they were accidently tagged and i am not quite sure how removing tags is done. so, my pics start at the 9th day after sprouting.

as you can see it is a very strong plant and is coming along nicely even for a complete noobs test dumbie. i have just recently transplanted it into slightly modified version of dankohzee's soil mixture. i'll be off to buy some proper nutes today and perhaps an easy2grow.

I have also been trying to get some other things started but with little luck. I need to be more patient in the germing process. I have already wrecked a freebie afghan ryder and russian rocket fuel. so, i'm currently in the process of germing some dirt seeds along with a dro seed of unknown genetics that i found. (it is cracked slightly however because i found it in my grinder so, we'll see on that case)

anywho, i am one lucky son of a gun having this thing be my first plant!

first two pics are at 9 days. second pic shows fimming on day 9 (am i doing it right?) not sure if i like the results that much either

third and fourth pic show day 12 when i began training.

fifth pic is day 20 (fat stem)

all subsequent pics are day 25 (i'm working on training her in a full circle around the rim) :D

Attached Files:

2. i did some more experimenting with topping and fimming today. i'll post pictures of the results tomorrow. also, i began giving her some nutes two days ago and gave her a second dose today. the forecast is calling for rain so, i'm not sure when i'll get to water her again with nutes.

the plant is starting to show dominant sativa traits like skinny long leaves. i'm getting pretty aggressive about the LST. i'm hoping to keep this gal under 36 inches and still get a QP or more off of her. i know i'm being very optimistic about yields for my first time grow =)

3. looking good bro, nice and healthy.

4. I am hoping it will be a pure CJ and that it was cross pollinated by another pheno. I don't know the circumstances the seed came to be in so, for all I know this could wind up being something. It is looking about right for the pics i've seen so far though.

Here is the description i found for that strain

5. I have the first sprout from my bag seeds. the newest and best addition to this tray is circled in yellow. i polished off a bowl of it last weekend and literally was passed out on my pool deck for about 30 seconds when i tried to get off my chase lounge. it is going to most likely be the late bloomer of the bunch as i picked a dirt weed seed out of its place to make room =)

i also thought i'd share my macguyvered T5/bulb nursery with the boards

Attached Files:

6. Can I ask where in FL you are? I am in SoFla and I am beginning to plan my first grow. Are you really doing it outdoor? What about mold? Isn't the humidity too much?

7. i'm on the gulf coast. i am doing it outdoor and the humidity is terrible here. the only thing i have going for me is the location i live in and my proximity to water. there is a seabreeze that goes most nights here. mold will probably be a problem and if anyone has a method of dealing with mold, Ironic and I would be thankful.

8. my seedlings have popped tap roots but are being very stubborn about making a appearance topside. i have had to make my grow site much more inconspicuous (relatives) so, i had to do some serious landscaping today to ensure that when folks are in my back yard they have to really really really look hard to see her. this is probably a good thing as it will give my plant about a week to recover from all the fimming/topping i have done and get a decent ammount of growing done preflowering so i can do some more LST.

anyways, i'll post some results when i am not busy

i'll post photos when i am not going

9. some of the bagseed sow was damaged by improper storing of seeds for long periods. i have only had a single seed pop soil in 8 days. upon closer inspection, 3 others have put out a tap and the recent dro seed i found looks as the shell cracking did not compromise it. i should know about these other 4 in the next few days. im gonna cull all but the dro seed if it pops.

bagshit aside, impatience has posessed me and i have put 4 russian rocket autos in jiffy pots. fuck it! i wanna get high

casey has had a single fan leaf set yellow up. u am hoping it is just from being one of the first nodes fan leaves or stress from the new location and reduced direct sun light. i can tell casey is trying to compensate. some of the older shoots have gained 3+ inches in less than a day. i had to adjust some training i started because of this.

i might save the bag seed that managed to pop already because it has overcome the odds.

10. we have had two nights of rain and two days of clear skies. =)

i was able to take a peek at casey tonight and the top growth has put on 3 more nodes and stretched quite a bit because of the reduced sun exposure

11. i got some great shots today. this shit is gonna be bomb i can tell from the crazy leaves i'm seeing now. i might have said the sativa was shining through last time but i spoke too soon. its taking on a more lime green color overall from the reduced sun. i'm looking forward to getting her back above ground and in 8+ hours of sun. check out some of these leaves below. 4-5 has had one nice consequence however, the plant was very very stout before and these last 3 days have let it get a little lankier and now light is being had at the bottom leaves. =)

On the seed front, the RRF's have yet to come up yet. i put them about an eighth inch further into the pellets than the ditch seeds i threw out. hopefully this and the shade i'm placing it in will show me some results in the coming 2-3 days.

well, heres some shots i took of casey jones today. the very last photo is 2 days before the plant was moved into hiding just to give an idea of growth rate. so, it was taken about 6 days ago now. the rest are today

Attached Files:

12. looking good mate

13. alright, so i have made my first big mistake of the season. I snapped the main cola. It was not a complete snap however and bracing the stalk with a rod and gardening twine has kept it alive and developing. it looks fine right now. i guess more training of the main stalk is out of the question =(

will it heal up and support it self again? this is now day 40

14. MJ? Buzz? Anyone? please help me!!!

15. If you supported it and it hasn't died yet it will be alright especially if its still developing you basically supercropped it lol. Woosaaahh

16. You don't think your parents will start to smell it?

17. it should heal. snapping the stalk s actually a method people use to make their plants shoot more growth out. usually the newer stalks but i have broke the main on accident and had it held by 50% of the originol stalk tied it up and most of the time they do fine.

18. #18 backyard bandit, May 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2012
    my in laws actually wound up finding it. =( they wound up not giving two shits. =)

the stalk is healing up nicely and the plants side stalks are getting HUGE. i read about all this cropping fimming topping and training etc. the only thing i was sure that was having any effect on the plants growth was the training but, today i can finally see the contrast in results from letting it go by it self and manicuring the plant. especially the super cropping.

i've always been a hands on learner. i had to watch those damn videos on the stuff about 10 times and i still only understood the technique but not how it would affect my plant.

thanks for the help folks!

On another note, It's been 7 days and the 4 russian rocket fuel seeds have not popped yet. nor has the dro bagseed i found 2 weeks ago. Are jiffy pot pellets not good for starting? i'll give it a few more days then i'm going to be trying a slightly different method. (dropping seeds in water for 12-24 hours until they sink before planting)

19. I used the jiffy pellets, and about 4 of my seeds popped within days, so I went and planted them. About a little over a week later I had more started to pop out... so it's hard to tell. It seems really random but just give it some more time. Make sure they're moist, they tend to dry out quickly.

20. so you snap your main stalks?