My first grow attempt failed! hellp plzz

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by c13mclean, Feb 8, 2009.

1. haha! You stoner, I already responded to those questions like halfway through this thread.

Here is a link for you.. read :)

Hope it helps!

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

2. haha damn... you said home depot??? and do they actually say cfl or what?? sorry im a complete beginner at growing im just trying to get into it the right way

3. Yeah its cool man, ask all the questions you want. We're all here to help.

Yeah they will be in the household lighting section. Look for ones that read 6000K or
    6200K or at least "daylight" on them as these are the bulbs you'll want for this period,
    the vegging period, as they emit the light in the appropriate part of the spectrum.

They will be called "Compact Flourescent" or "CFL" on the box and look kinda like
    twisted tubes. Do a google image search if you are unsure.

Take it easy!

4. oh man those were my first choice on the ones i was gonna get haha but i was only going to get one so i guess in the long run i made the right choice. and you said to get 1 100w and 2 50w??? and then splitters and a little fan right?

5. #25 experimentalist, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    Well when you buy a CFL you will see two numbers on the box, one with the equivalent
    wattage, and one with the actual wattage. It's really common to see "100W" CFL's which
    consume 23W of actual power. You will want 100W of ACTUAL wattage, (get five 23W for
    115W of actual usage) per plant. You can get away with adding about 50W additionally
    for other plants in a small area, so if you grew three plants, you'd want nine bulbs. Five
    in the center and two on each side for the other plants, as an example.

Adding more bulbs would be better, obviously. Just watch the heat levels.

Check out this picture.

6. damn that looks confusing is there any way i could use like 2 lights and then just those hanging light holder things?? the name of them went blank im pretty high right now so sorry if wat im writing is confusing

7. You mean using tube flourescents like T12 or T8 bulbs? It's not recommended. The
    pic I showed you isnt a grow room setup.. ignore those tubes :)

8. ok ok i get it now so what kind of thing to i hang from the ceiling to screw the bulbs in if u know what im trying to talk about??

9. Like I said, I recommend getting the "screw in thing" that plugs DIRECT into a power
    strip. You dont want to be messing about setting up light fixtures and what not if you
    can avoid it.

10. do you think by any you could give me a picture to give me a better idea of that?? or a website that shows a picture or something??

11. okay but i dont 100% get how those things would work can you please explain to me?

once again im sorry for my unknown knowlege on this so thank you very very much for all your help experimentalist:D

12. Simple. You screw your light bulb into the fixture, then plug it in somewhere. It's like
    plugging your light bulb into an electrical socket, except you need that little adapter.

13. yeah but im i suppose to like hang those things that have multiple plug in things from the light sockt or what like what do i plug the fixture things into in order to adjust them to the right place as my plants get bigger??

14. Yeah I'd just plug them into a power strip and move the power strip around as your
    plants grow.

15. okay that helps a lot then thank you for all your help i might make a grow journal when thhey start growing but im not sure yet ill let you know if i do though:) thanks for keeeping posted