My first grow.. Any suggestions

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Donk0420, Jun 19, 2011.

1. I stared a month and a half ago and they are looking great. I planted 6 seedlings from a good bag of skunk. I used miracle grow potting soil mixed with a bag of perlite and miracle grow starting soil.
    So far so good. I'll post pics.

2. early in pictures

3. [​IMG]

Newer pics 3 females out of the 6 started.

4. [​IMG]

new close up

5. [​IMG]

further shot

6. Anythoughts and are they looking healthy thus far....
    I bought super bloom and I figured to start using it as soon as I see signs of bud growth.. It is very hot here wher i live in the south u.s. seems like I have to water twice a day to keep them moist is this too much? And using mirace grow plant food for nutes during veg state... how often should i use it?

7. nice looking plants esp for first grow... though its outside so you are totally cheating.. because its easier.

8. They like to dry out a little between waterings. Not bone dry, but dry on the top few inches when you stick your finger in the soil. But if their drying out that fast, then there is nothing wrong with watering them. The faster they dry out and get watered, the better it is for growth. You can feed every other watering usually, so that makes room for more feedings. I like to use a tbl spoon of molasses per gallon of water once a week to feed the microbes in the soil. It will make for bigger buds. There is a sticky about molasses. Other than that, keep up whatever you're doing. Their looking great so far. I'm assuming you have them in the shade there instead of the sun for privacy reasons?

9. Thanks for the info guys.
    I keep them where they cause it gets full sun half the day and shade the other half.
    It gets really hot where I'm at and figured there is enough ambient light for them to use. Don't want to burn them in this 100+ degree weather. And your correct I have neighbors 50 ft away.

10. [​IMG]

here is a privacy wall I built and placed some climbing vines to produce some cover.
    Luckily my neighbors are college girls and shouldnt give a damn about it if they did see them.

11. Also here is a organic insect spray I have been using does anyone know if it works or am I waisting my time. I have noticed little trail lines forming on some of the leaves... not sure if those are mites or what.. also noticed a spider cacoon wrapped in a leaf I removed the whole leaf and sprayed the plants well.

[​IMG]

12. One more Question I bought this super bloom and was going to start using it soon since my plants should start flowering shortly.. Any thoughts on this stuff?

[​IMG]

13. When you use the spray, make sure to get under the leaves because that is where mite and most pests will be. Leave spiders. They will eat the bugs that eat your plants, so they are good to have around. I haven't used that food before but it looks like it's mostly a phosphorus supplement. The middle number should be higher than the others, but not that much higher. I have mixed plant foods to get the right NPK so you could get an N supplement and a K supplement and mix a little in with what you have to make it more balanced. But then again, with the nutes I have, P is the only deficiency I've ever had, so maybe it would be good to have a little more.

14. Sweet thanks for the advice.
    I will try that and see what happens.

15. Looks good man, you should get a pretty decent yield off 3 outdoor plants!

16. Just picked up some black strap and plan on using a tablespoon per gallon of water during flowering. Does anyone have any experience with it?

Attached Files:

17. I love blackstrap. So many of the expensive things they sell at grow stores claiming to fatten up your buds are nothing but blackstrap. Use it once a week or every other watering just like you said (one spoon per gallon) and you'll be happy. You can use it in veg too.

18. Sweet I will start using next watering.

19. I just fed my plants and realized I forgot to mention one thing. The stuff is kind of thick. To make sure it mixes thoroughly I mix the balckstap into a cup of warm/hot water and let it dissolve for a second, then mix that into the rest of my water.