MY FIRST GROW (ANY ADVICE WILL HELP)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by snohgrown, Oct 15, 2017.

1. Greetings to all reading this. From the title you'll know what this post is about. For my first grow, I have chosen eight seeds. Four of these are supposedly Cheese and the other four are seeds I had gotten from a friend who grows really good strain. I'm eager to see what I get from them.

I will be starting the seeds life in my room, unfortunately I have to hide my plants from my parents, so they will be growing in shoeboxes until they are big enough to be moved outside to a friends house who I visit regularly.

*UNKNOWN SEEDS*
    I had begun germination on Tuesday, 10 October and let the seeds soak I water for about 36 hours until I had moved them into a paper towel where they germ'd for another 48 hours. After this, on Friday 13, I planted the seeds into DIY toilet roll germ pods (filled with potting soil and a tiny amount of organic granular fertilizer) and have let them sit there for just over 48 hours so far and none have sprouted yet, but I am confident they will appear in a day or two. Throughout this period, the seeds have only been exposed to light when checking to see if they have germinated.

Below is a list of potential strains these seeds could be but it isn't certainly any of them. These are just the strains my friend has had since his last grow:
    • Buddha Cheese
    • Royal Dutch Cheese
    • Exodus heese
    • Lemon Haze
    • Tang (Not too sure if this Tangerine Dream or not)
    • Sour Diesel

*CHEESE*
    Germination began in Thursday, 12 October. Same procedure for the unknown seeds. I let the seeds soak in water for about 48 hours this time and they have been there for close to 48 hours so far and only one seed is showing it's tap root so far. I'll be leaving them in the paper towel for another two days, I think, and then hopefully I'll be able to plant them.

I am going to try get about a metre strip of small LED lights in try connect that up in the shoebox. I am also considering taking two PC fans and connecting that up inside the shoebox as it will provide good air flow and the PC fans have red and blue LED lights.

Any advice will be much appreciated

2. I will be uploading the first pictures once they start sprouting

3. *UPDATE
    The Cheese seed that was originally showing it's tap root has now grown close to 2cm overnight

• Like Like x 1
  4. the lights wont be enough, you should put them outside pretty fast!

5. I will be alternating them between the box and putting them in direct sun for a few hours so lighting won't be an issue. I just need the plants to grow big enough to survive outside

6. *UPDATE
    After days of waiting I got a little impatient as the seeds had still not sprouted and i was starting to think they had died. I removed a bit of soil from the top and found the plants and I now I'm letting them absorb some sunlight

7. A space bucket would probably be your best friend. Look it up. :)

8. Exactly what I'm looking for! thanks Will need to make it to a smaller scale though, because those buckets are too big to hide from my parents

9. Np man, i started getting my gear before i stubbled onto those and wanted to try it but already had a 400w hid in the mail

10. You dont wanna switchup light spectrums on em.

11. Also its not advised to grow marijuana in somone elses house without their consent. It can carry a heavy sentence that will be shared with everyone in the home of age. How old r you if you dont mind me asking.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. This is very true...

13. I'm eighteen. the problem isn't growing it at someone else's house. the problem lies growing at my house. my parents don't approve because it's still illegal in my country.

14. We through your lies lol

15. Your parents have a point but IF your 18 and live on your own... you make your own choices.

16. My parents also didnt approve my use of weed from time to time. The thing is , since it is illegal where i live, i have no choice but to buy to criminals such as bikers... Prices are crazy, weed is shit and it fuels their economy, which is pretty saddening. I just had to "educate" my parents so they could unsee all the clichés, wrong studies of marijuana and make them understand that growing it myself is the best option. Right now i live with a friend and i grow it there, my mother even proposed me to grow it at my home! 1 year ago she wanted to kill me when i told her i smoked a joint.

17. Best advised to grow in your own house and friends added into the equation i foresee problems with that too.

18. Took me a while to convince my wife growing it was far better then spending an arm and a leg on it making someone else wealthier...

19. My parents blazed but never frew so ive been arpund it my whole life