My first grow and looking for advice

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by greennovice, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Hi guys and gals, this is my first time trying to grow my own bud and my little gals(hopefully) are about 2 and a half weeks old and starting yesterday they took a turn for the worst and today they are even worse today. Since this is my first grow i just used some seed from some schwag, so no great genetics or anything. But, i need the help of all you grow gurus out there. I'm doing a small closet grow with CFLs. I just started using fox farm fert, as per the feeding schedule their website provides and i started at a 1/4 strength to ease my guys into the feeding schedule. Any help would be most appreciated and any pointers in general, im still learning a lot and i will take any advice you all have to give me. if i can answer any questions to help find out what's wrong just let me know. i think the droopy one might just be over watered and im most concerned about the spotting that's showing on the other two plants.

Attached Files:

2. at 2.5 weeks old you do not want to put fert on it will over dose. what soil did you start with?

3. I started them in some MG seed starting soil.

4. #4 Skunky Monkey, Jul 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 9, 2011
    Oh no nutriants at that stage and ferts dam, err OK don't use anymore ferts att all until later on in the grow it looks like heat stress or the beggining of nute burn, whats your watering schedule ???

5. I've only used the fert once, I'll hold off on that for the time being and I'm watering them about once every three days but that was when they were in solo cups. I haven't watered the two in the planters since I transplanted them three days ago.

6. I would just lay off the nutes, let the soil dry out a bit if they perk back up give it a little water and just don't use any nutes

7. at what age should he start using nutes? im thinking of growing and am looking at the probs and solutions before i start