My first grow... and I want to do it right.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mt308, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Hi all. I'm in a new place that has a really cool set of closets that are going to be perfect for growing in. I'm wanting to set them up to continuously harvest, hopefully every 2-3 months or so. I have one large closet (8l x 4w x 7h or so) that I'll use as a flowering chamber. I'm planning on ordering a 600watt digital HPS light to go in it. There's also a smaller closet above this one that I think will be good for vegging cuttings, using several 42w CFL's and a few T-5's.

I have 5 feminized Blue Hash seeds on the way from Doc chronic. The current plan is to germinate 4 of these, and save one (just in case). I'll veg and flower these, then pick the best one to replicate. I'll put it back into veg until I can take cuttings, and go from there.

I'd love input from anybody who's got experience on starting a grow from scratch. I definitely need to keep costs to a minimum, but will spend $$$ where I know I'll get it back (like the 600w light). Would it be worth the extra $40 for a MH bulb? the ballast is a conversion type. Do I need to keep a mother plant? or can I just keep taking a few cuttings from vegging plants?

thanks for advice.

matt

2. Sounds like you got a good plan.I wouldnt recommend the mh bulb because you are vegging and flowering seperate, unless you have a seperate ballast.You should be fine with the cfls.With closets it usually comes down to heat issues so make sure you have good venting.Paint it all white inside.(Flat).Put a small tv in there so they can play playstation.(J/k).:p. As for a mother plant its a good idea, but i would focus on getting some seedlings up with some strong roots and stems.Worry about cloning a month from now..GL