My First Grow - 8 x CFL Bulbs

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by GrowThings, Jun 13, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Update: 38 days into vegging/sexing..

I've taken 2 cuttings from the very lowest branches and got them both in water to try and root them to flower them to determine sex while keeping my main plant in veg, I have done a lot more LST on it with the two main tops horizontal and the 2 following that also tied down horizontally to allow for all of the growth in the middle and off the main stems to get some light.

Here are some photographs..

IMG_9363.JPG
    IMG_9364.JPG
    IMG_9365.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  2. Very nice! I'm always impressed with the results that CFLs deliver during veg. Good looking secondary growth coming through thanks to your LST. Keep up the good work! You're doing well for your first grow!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Thanks man appreciate it, I've got some more good news..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Update: 44 days into vegging/sexing..

I have just purchased a Secret Jardin DS120 Kit containing a 120x120x185 Tent, Sunmaster 600W Dual Spectrum, Carbon Filter, etc.

Will update soon with pictures of the setup, how long do you think I should keep her in veg for before I flower her in that tent?

ey.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  5. Nice! Jesus that's a monster tent, dude. How do you have the room for a 185 inch tall tent? That's insane! I didn't know they made them that big.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. 185CM bro, fucking stopped my heart for a second there hahah

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Hahahaha! I had a suspicion it had to be metric. Okay that's 6 feet which is perfectly normal.

:smoking-banana::lmafoe::smoking-banana:

8. Update: 45 days into vegging/sexing..

I think the plant is showing signs that it's a female but I'm not sure as I think it only shows signs when you put it into flower?

IMG_9473.JPG

Anyway here's another shot of how she's looking at the moment, lots of new growth, lots of new heads appearing I think I counted 11 - 12 of them now.

IMG_9476.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  9. You're correct. Unless they are auto flower you wont be able to sex them until you flip to 12/12. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks after.

You're vegging strong, bro!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Thanks man, trying to veg it nice and big so when I flower it I can scrog and fill up my 4ft x 4ft tent and let it soak up that 600w goodness :p this is mainly a test grow, the next grow will be my serious one, hoping to grab a 400w MH light for the next vegging.

11. Hell yeah, man! Just remember to keep the MH way farther from the plants than you do with CFLs. I would also get an enclosed hood or cool tube with ventilation if you were gonna go HID.

For a test grow you are doing real fucking sweet, man. I was thinking of building a SCROG for my grow when I switch to flower, too.

Happy growing, dude!

12. Update: 49 days - beginning of flowering/sexing..

So as promised she/he got an upgrade and I've now flipped her/him to 12/12, completely knackered from putting it all together and fixing it all up but it's finally finished.

After this grow (if female) I will do one more soil grow before going to aeroponics, less stuff I have to get rid of after a grow, makes my life easier.

Here's a photo of the new setup, I didn't realise how big 4x4 actually is haha I can stand inside and spin around with my arms out almost..

IMG_9543.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. Great job plant looks very healthy congrats on new set up I hope your yield is plentiful man

• Like Like x 2
  14. Nice set up, the plant looks good too

• Like Like x 3
  15. Thanks dude, feel free to send me some of those LED lights free for vegetation ;) haha I'll be your new brand ambassador!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Yeah! Congrats on your new set up! Everything is looking fabulous, my friend! I'm very excited to watch you harvest after a successful flower if it's a girl!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thanks for the offer, but sorrym we don't need tester now, will let you know if we need in the future.

18. Update: 8 Days Into Flowering (It's not male, but maybe herm)

I believe I'm seeing female pre-flower showing now, I need to give it another 6 days I think to fully be able to determine that it's not a herm. Additional to that I've started noticing some yellowing of the leaves under the main canopy (not the tops) and have decided that I flushed all the nutes out the soil so I've started using 3mg/L of micro/grow/bloom + 1ml/L of calmag.

IMG_9723.jpg IMG_9724.jpg IMG_9722.JPG
    IMG_9721.JPG

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Update: 13 Days Into Flowering (ITS A GIRL!)

So the plant is definitely female, having some nitrogen toxicity issues I believe so going to flush the nutes I fed her today out and wait for her to recover/eat all the nutrients in the soil, bit annoying as she's in the flower period and needs those nutes to create some juicy buds, but here are some bud development photos, and the toxicity issue..

Bud 1.JPG

Bud 2.JPG

IMG_9794.JPG IMG_9797.JPG