My First Grow ~ 4x White Widow/Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Natalea420, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Nice. How big are the pots?

Sent from this POS ATT charges me $80/month to use.

2. 5 gallons. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Top cola on the small one was done so I cut it off this morning before the lights come on. Watered again 2 gallons. Leaves are turning yellow on all of them now. One of them is really talking off ! Main cola has swelled up its huge! Pics:

image.jpg image.jpg

Mmm breakfast! Lol

image.jpg image.jpg

4. Nice trim job! Can't wait to get a smoke report. I took 3 clones off m WWxBB yesterday.

5. Thank! I can't wait to MAKE a smoke report! ;)

6. Putting it in a jar Tomo!

7. Is this is your 1st grow and harvest, make sure to open the jar every 12 hours or so to make sure the buds were really dry. Sometimes they feel totally dry until you put them in a jar for a while. Don't want to see you get mold in there! :)

8. Yup this is my first time for everything, learning as I go, thanks for the advice, I will defiantly be doing that! They feel dry on the outside already... Maybe I should go ahead put them in jar today?..

9. I usually jar when they are kinda crispy. It comes right back. A lot easier to deal with dry buds over moldy buds. Good Job.

10. Thanks Buddy! Ill probably give it another day or so then, maybe longer for the biggest piece. I was planning on letting it dry for 7 days but when I chopped it off the soil was pretty dang dry. Does that have an effect on drying time? Also when I do the main chop I'm gonna turn the humidifier back on cuz rite now I'm at 20% and I've read it should be 50% during drying to keep the buds from drying out too fast ... So maybe that's another reason it's drying so fast.

11. Yep, that 20% humidity is probably why. I usually let them dry for 2 to 3 days on a screen and then put them in a paper bag for another couple days. After 7 or so days I can seal it up but still check it frequently for another few days. I've ruined a couple jars worth before, this is why I know this! :(.  The smaller buds will obviously dry out much quicker than dense top buds. At 1st sign of crunchy, I usually put them in the paper lunch bags. After 12 hours or so you'll see they feel moist again.

12. the idea is to slow dry...when u first start off drying them u want ur rh above 60% then lowering it each day but its easier said then done sometimes..

How are the nugs? nice n tight? they look kinda fluff but thats just cuz its bb and nugs are big

13. They are tight as hell ESP the top part of the cola, it doesn't budge at all if you try to squeeze it. It was 13 gs wet and is already down to 7 but it didn't shrink a bit it's still the exact same size. None of it shrank. I threw it in the jar this morning. They are the nicest buds I've ever seen in real life. Hard as a rock and soo many trichs! I'm pretty dang proud of myself! :)

14. #115 Natalea420, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2014
    Here's what they look like this morning before I jarred em. Color changed a little and lost almost Half water weight but still look and feel same size! Buds so tight its like holding rocks in my hand lol the other plants aren't as tight as this one but they are at least 2xs as big. All the side colas on this plant are tight af also! the stems on the little buds are snapping so I figured its time to jar them. It's weird it smelled awesome right after I cut it but then it started smelling grassy yesterday but this morning that grass smell seems to be going away and it's smelling good again. Pic:

image.jpg

15. Any of them have a blueberry smell- that's the pheno I'm currently looking for. Those nugs look great!

16. yea they lose their smell then get them back

17. They look top notch! Just keep opening that jar to check for any residual moisture.

18. Nah they still too wet. I let em sit out all day yesterday then back in the jar this morning. I wanna let em cure for at least two weeks before I do a smoke report. I've read the potency goes up the longer you cure.