My First Grow ~ 4x White Widow/Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Natalea420, Feb 14, 2014.

1. What kind of smell did that have at harvest?  Is it an average or above average reeker?

2. Well I haven't harvested yet. And I can't really say if the smell as of now is average or above average, cuz this is my first growing Experience, so I have nothing to compare it too, but if I had I guess I'd say above average, smells very strong to me. Skunky sweet and almost rotten kinda smell, that fills up my house and sticks to everything! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that this is your 1st grow. You couldn't tell from your pics!  My WWxBB is just now in flowering and I haven't grown out either strain yet so was just curious about that.  I just germinated 5 beans of Bodhi Strange Love, which is Girl Scout Cookies Forum cut x Instant Karma.   Hoping for at least 3 females out of the 5.

I'll get ya a pic of my WWxBB when lights come on this eve.

4. Your plants are def looking great- how far along are they?  How much variation did you get with the four plants?  I have four also going and I got 3 stocky/bushy plants and one that came across as a straight White Widow pheno.

5. Thanks! They are 52 days from 12/12 flip so about 7 and a half weeks, and I'm gonna try to let them go til 9 weeks, except for the short one, it will come down any day. Two of them are pretty much the same. One is about half as big but more frosty than the others (white widow?) and the other one has the tallest widest top cola but not very big side colas and its def at least a week behind the two that are similar, its def going to finish last of them all, it's still 95% white hairs where the others are at least 50%. Hope that made some sense to you lol

Yup it does now using the pictures- thanks! :bongin:

7. Finished trimming them all up, moved them up so I could get those cfls around the bottom popcorn buds. Going to water again Tomo check out the pics:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. Looks great! WWxBB sure does have a lot of foliage! I had to take so many leaves off to get light to penetrate down to the bottom and it STILL has a lot of leaves! Bushy plants, but lots of bud sites! You're gonna be very happy when she starts packing on them buds. Update me every once in awhile, I'd like to see how it goes for you!

9. Watered today, 3 gallons plain water each. Buds are getting so heavy that I'm afraid they are going to snap the branches!!! Trying to keep that from happening by tying side branches to the main branch to keep em up! That's a good problem to have tho right! Lol buds too big for their stem! Pics:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

10. I ordered a gallon of ONA gel in fresh linen scent and I'm going to make a "ona bucket" ... 1 cup ona gel to 5 cups water in a bucket with holes drilled on sides and small fan on top of bucket pointing downward. I already have a bucket, drill, and fan so the only thing I needed was the ona gel and it was $30 plus shipping. It has great reviews ESP for just a few plants like I have. If you have never heard of it and are needing something for odor control you should check into it! Cheap and effective!

11. There's a sticky in DIY about making an ONA bucket. I had the hydro store lady order me some concentrate. Mix your own. Lasts longer. :)

Sent from this POS ATT charges me $80/month to use.

12. I've gotta get a better light.

Sent from this POS ATT charges me $80/month to use.

13. Here's the one I got. Ordered off amazon for $130 and It comes with everything you need plus both a 400 watt hps and a 400 watt metal halide. Great deal, great reviews, works great !

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004YXDHX6

14. In my opinion cfls can work just fine if you have enough of them to light the whole plant up... That's what I used up until my plants got so big that my (over 30) 23w cfls wasn't enough anymore lol

15. My 1st grow was all CFLs from start to finish. I changed to the 2600 lumens for the flowering from the 5400. I had 14 of them strung around 3 plants. I got an oz per plant and the smoke was great. That's when I realized if I'm gonna do it, might as well do it right since I had the ventilation and cooling mitigated. Switched to 600w MH and HPS and now get 2 to 5 Ozs a plant depending on strain and veg time.

16. I am getting so impatient I check trichs daily and hardly notice a difference, ill see an amber here and there but the rest look clear. And the one I thought was done really isn't, it just looked more amber cuz of the hps light reflecting off it, when I turn the hps off and check it, it looks just like the others, maybe a few more amber ones but not 50%, I wouldn't even say 5%. Good news is I have more time for flush than I ordinarily thought , bad news is I'm thinking now its gonna be another 2 weeks or more before harvest. Which I don't understand... Supposed to be a 7-8 week strain and its gonna be in flower for at least 10 weeks.. Why would that be? Cuz of using cfls thru most of their life? Does that really make them take longer to flower?

17. Yeah without a doubt mh and hps is the way to go if you got the money. I'm very happy with my 400watt and I'm glad i didn't go with any higher watt since I have a hard time sometimes keeping it cool in there with the 400watt. Maybe one day ill invest in a self cooled hood, then I could go with higher watts. But I don't really need to considering I'm thinking next time I'm only going to grow one or two plants instead of 4 and just veg them longer. Like I might just grow one really big one, veg it for 2 months or more. Lol

18. You could do a scrog with 1 or 2 and get a good yield. No large buds but lots of medium sized!

19. Yay the top cola of the smallest one leaves are starting to turn yellow. My flushing is working! I'm thinking another week for the small one, another 2 weeks for the others. Gonna start watering with 1-2 gallons instead of 3 since they are obv out of food already! :

image.jpg