My First Grow ~ 4x White Widow/Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Natalea420, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Nice grow and great job for your 1st go at it!  I just put a WWXBB into flower. Will definitely be pulling up a chair for your reviews.

• Like Like x 1
  2. I'd take 'em down, myself.  Two ways to look at it:

They're not *quite* finished with the flush.  (Regarding your questions about flushing - once you run the large volume of water through the soil, you water as you normally would, but only with plain water. )  A few more days would help a bit, but....

Those trichs are ready to come down. Too much longer, and you're going to have over-ripe buds.  That nug looked pretty close to 50% for me, I wouldn't let mine go past 30-40%, personally and I usually take 'em down at 10-20% amber.  

Now, I've never harvested over-ripe bud, so I can't tell you anything about it but I have harvested bud with little-to-no flush... and to be honest, it wasn't THAT bad.  Especially if you do a nice slow dry.  For this reason alone, if they were mine I'd take 'em down today.  

• Like Like x 1
  3. Pic of the seeds I just got from sensible seeds.com
    Chemdog by greenhouse seeds! Yay image.jpg

4. There's only the one that is 50% amber, the others only have a amber here an there, maybe 5%? And I do agree with you I know it needs to come down soon! I plan on taking it down this weekend, giving it a few days for the soil to dry out a bit.. Do you think a few days like 2 more days would ruin it? Thanks for your input

5. Thanks friend! Do you have a forum on your wwXbb if so I'd like to check it out :)

6. Also, I forgot to mention... even among the same strain, harvest times will vary by phenotype.  They should all finish up relatively close to each other... couple weeks, roughly....though there are exceptions.  

You can always chop that one.  This will give you some smoke while the rest of the crop is drying/curing.... as well as allowing more light to get to the remainder of the plants.  The rest will finish up when she's hitting the jars.  

• Like Like x 1
  7. Good to know! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Watered them all again today, 3 gallons plain water each. Def no more feeding, they are too close! ESP the short one. Took some pics, here's the heaviest yielder : image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#2:
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#3 with the longest top cola! :

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

#4 the smallest frostiest, cutting her down this weekend!:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

All of them:

image.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  9. My new necklace I made with the stuff that came with my chemdog seeds :) image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  10. Can anyone answer this question for me: once trichs start turning amber, about how long does it take for them to turn 100% amber? Like how fast does the amber progress?

11. It varies by strain but does start to rapidly turn amber once you're at 50%. I try not to go past 50% myself. It seems that they continue to amber after harvest a little. Don't quote me on that but it seems that way in my own experiences.

• Like Like x 1
  12. What do you mean like rapidly? Daily, couple days, a week? Just trying to figure out how much time I've got...

13. I've seen them go around just under 50% to more than 50% in 7 to 10 days.

14. Ok I should be ok to wait a few days then if I'm around 50%... Thanks

• Like Like x 1
  15. Did some trimming to the one that's gonna finish first, trying to get light on the lower buds for a few days, also tied side colas out and main cola over out of the way of the bottom buds:

image.jpg

You can see the bottom is all lit up now:

image.jpg

What a wimpy little top cola LOL oh well, my first grow.

image.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  16. good shit!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Thank you friend ! ;)

18. Wow that looks likes fire Natalea :hello:  

• Like Like x 1
  19. Trimmed up another one today, prob cuz I'm getting antsy and bored lol idk if its good to do or not but now the whole plant is getting light not just the top. This ones got a pretty big top cola! : image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

20. Thanks! Just hopefully it SMOKES like fire too! Lol feel free to stick around and find out :)