My First Grow ~ 4x White Widow/Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Natalea420, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Oh, and yeah I've got two fans on them, one large box fan and a smaller fan, and it keeps it nice and cool in there, yesterday temps were right around 75 all day, I always am checking on my babies, every few hours at least.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I checked the trichs today and I noticed that the short frosty one is getting a good bit of amber, but the others aren't. So I flushed her once more today, and going to give her a few days to dry out, then take her down. Is flushing only 2 times before harvest good enough? First time I just watered with 3 gallons plain water, today I put 5 gallons thru her. Should I flush more or will I be ok? I just really want to get her down ASAP since she is obv ready with all the amber...

3. I'm thinking the others will need another week or so.

4. I think its more of the time that passes than how many times you flush - I *think* letting 10-14 days go by after you flush til harvest is about the norm.  This allows the plant to use up anything stored.  

5. That makes sense.. In that case, it's already been three days, so u think If I just leave it alone now for 4 days it will be fine? Or maybe try to water it once more in two days, then wait another two days b4 harvest? I plan on putting in in total darkness the last 24-48 hrs. I guess I shoulda been keeping a better eye on it, I just assumed they would all finish at the same time since they are all the same strain..

6. From the looks of the trichs, she was ready like yesterday! Lol

7. Here's a few pics I took today:

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

8. Can y'all kinda see the amber on this one? Do you think it's ready? image.jpg

9. Looking good for your first grow. If you want you could get that hps set up quite a bit closer, if your temps allow. Only 1 flush is necessary. After you flush give them nothing but water for 2-3 weeks then chop em. Flushing twice really isn't necessary. Keep up the good work, and enjoy. Looks great.

10. You could probably chop now, but I would wait at least 1 more week. The last 2 weeks or so they really pack on extra weight, and trichomes. It's hard to wait, but well worth it.

11. Thanks you have calmed my nerves a bit with your answer lol all i could really find on flushing was do it at least 10 days but i couldnt find how often or how much!! I read things like, once it goes amber it's downhill from there, and since I've never grown before idk how fast the amber progresses and I just don't wanna wait to long. I had the hps closer when I first got it, and temps were fine, but it was drying my leaves out, the tips started turning brown so I moved it up 6" and it's fine now, plus with all those 23 watt cfls on them they have more than enuf light lol thanks for the help!

12. Thanks for stroking my ego! Lol :)

13. For flushing the general rule is 3 gallons of water to 1 gallon of soil. So if you are growing in 3 galloon containers you will want to run 9 gallons of water through when you flush. Agreed on the light situation however, and just my opinion, you should lower the 600 a bit, and move the cfl's so they are around the plants. The way you have them now the cfl's are in the way of the 600. Meaning if you turned the cfl's off you would have shadows cast by the cfl's. If you move them out of the way then you are utilizing the full 600 watts vs. say the only 400 that make it to the plant cause of shadowing. If that makes any sense. Remember when growing you have to try new things and do what works for you. These are just some thoughts I first had when I saw your set up.

14. Nice grow, pretty solid nug there. Definitely curious to see what kind of yield you end up with!

15. Thanks! It's a 400 watt. And the spider lamp with the cfls is adjustable, most of the bulbs I put on the sides out of the way of the hps light but the middle one has to be in the middle, but everyday I move it around so that its not shadowing the same part all the time. Know what I mean?

16. Thanks so much! Me too !! So excited! Eeek

18. ^ not sure why my post ended up in your quote. Gonna re type that.

Moving them is good. If you move them daily that will work just as well. Rotate your plants here and there if you don't already. Again looks good, and I can't wait for you to have your first harvest. Brings back good memories.

19. Sometimes your ego is not your amigo. But in this case it is.

Sent from this POS ATT charges me $80/month to use.