My First Grow ~ 4x White Widow/Big Bud

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by Natalea420, Feb 14, 2014.

1. Looking nice and dank over here, keep up the good work. Your grow reminds me of my first, only yours is turning out better...someone certainly did their homework.

I'll be sticking around for the next round....chemdog I think you said?

2. Yes I chose Chemdog after weeks and weeks of researching different strains. You are definitely right about me doing my research! I am a perfectionist when it comes to my plants, I try to do everything 100% and more, and I tend to worry too much but am starting to relax more and more, the bigger the buds get, the more relaxed i get LOL and thanks so much for the positive reinforcement!

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. im doing a similar grow...vegged for 4 weeks and day and they are on day 3 of flower..running same nutes as u plus hygrozyme,superthrive, and ill be adding organic molasses at about 4 weeks flower..no molasses for u?

4. I haven't really read up on using molasses but I do remember reading one person saying its useless unless your going 100% organic.. Is that true? And what's the reason for using it, what does it do?

5. I'm getting so freaking excited! I wonder if ill feel this excited every time I get close to harvest, or if its just cuz this is my first one!

I really need to do something about the smell... It fills up my entire house. But I can't afford a carbon filter, yet. If any one has any suggestions it would be greatly appreciated! I've been spraying febreeze a lot , and spraying body spray all over my clothes before going out. They smell so strong! I had no idea how much the smell would travel & stick to clothes!!! It makes me paranoid. Help!?

6. A cheaper method is the DIY ONA bucket. It's in the DIY section and is working for me. Still gonna cost a little $ but less than a carbon filter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. how long after switching to 12/12 did it take to see first pistil?  and u used open sesame soon as u switched lights?

8. Hmm I'm pretty sure they started showing at about 1.5-2 wks from the switch to 12/12. I was a little late on getting and starting the open sesame. I started using it prob around 3 weeks into flowering, and I used it a good bit before switching to beastie bloomz. So I'm a little behind on the fox farm nutes, which is why I'll only be able to use cha Ching one time before I start flushing. As soon as I started the open sesame I remember that i noticed a difference overnight ,more pistils, I really recommend the first two , beastie blooms for fattening them buds up, and cha Ching is supposed to add more resin/crystals. Ill review that one in a couple days after I use it!

9. i fed them open sesame on day 2 of 12/12 and on day 3 omg so many bud sites lol check it out

download.jpg

Wasnt as many before that..and the middle is FIMMED or TOPPED idk lol

My small tent, two small fans in there too u cant see

2.jpg

10. #32 Natalea420, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014

Looks great! I wish I would've used the open sesame as soon as I went into flowering like you did, but I couldn't afford it at the time...:( They did get tiger bloom though! Nice setup btw!

11. ty this is also my first grow...bagseed tho so im hopin for pistils. thinkin the one on the right is def female but im gonna dofeminized only next bud scared to order lol

12. I was scared to order too but I've dont a lot of research. Basically if you order seeds and they do find them in customs, which is unlikely if you order with a stealth option which most seed banks have, the only thing that will happen is you get a paper from them in your package instead of the seeds, saying that so and so tried to send you seeds and they are illegal blah blah blah and just count it as a loss, you won't get in trouble. Just don't order more than like 5 at a time. The more seeds you order, the more likely they will find them. I've ordered from sensibleseeds.com twice now with no problems but I ordered 4-5 seeds and paid an extra like $15 for them to send the seeds inside of a bead craft set. Both times I ordered, my orders got to me in under a week all the way from the UK! And most ppl have to wait 2wks to a month ordering from other places.

13. #35 skinny ninja, Feb 17, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2014

Edit this post so you don't give away any information about how the discreetly hide the seeds when being shipped! 
    Anyways, ive never tried that filter that I posted a link to, but I read reviews on amazon about it completely working against cigarette order. Like I said, not a real fix but it should help when you're in a jam like now. I would not plan on really using beyond this grow though, and maybe like the first couple weeks of the next. You really NEED a carbon filter if you're growing good weed. Eventually someone else will notice that smell and even if you're in a med state you could still be robbed.

14. Well if someone really was trying to find out how they ship them all they have to do is go to the seed banks website and look. That information is already open to the public lol I'm not getting anyone in trouble for saying that. And where I live I don't have to worry about someone smelling it, I just don't want people smelling it on my clothes when I go out. But yeah I agree and I do plan on buying one soon!

15. #38 HighOnTheHill, Feb 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2014
    Do you have a fan? Assuming you're running a 4"... 

$50... little bit more than the filter already linked...but you'd get an actual carbon filter, and its only $20 more:

http://www.plantlightinghydroponics.com/phat-12x4-200-cfm-carbon-filter-p-3016.html

The 6" model cost $75.  

There's also a bunch of really decent DIY filters that you could make for ~$30 if you're a little handy.  Check this thread out:

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/569506-diy-carbon-filter-compendium.html

The coffee can filter one is pretty nice, as is the OPs method of building one out of the wire mesh pencil holder.

16. Best way to do it.  The one thing I learned was to stop trying to take shortcuts, they just result in headaches in the long run.  I learned the hard way, heat issues when I slacked on ventilation which turned a 9-week flower period into 14-15, had no odor control and my landlord came over,...never fun to be facing situations like that.

I'd suggest a basic organic soil  mixture for future grows, for ease of growing.  if you want to look into it, anyway.  There's a lot to it and its easy to get overwhelmed, but there's many "beaten paths" that are tried and true.  For instance, LC's mix, Cootz/Lumperdawgz mix, etc.   Following those recipes is as easy as mixing nutes... but you only do it once at the beginning of the grow, instead of every single week.  But on the upside?   Water-only, all the way to harvest.  No mixing nutes, no ph'ing..... think about it. 

17. Thanks so much for all the info! You gave some great advice && I will definitely be looking into all of it! :) I am going to use fox farm soil again, at least for my next grow, because I still have a good bit of unused soil and fertilizer, and that shit wasn't cheap! I will be ordering the air filter Friday. I like the sounds of that $50 one, I'm not really a DIY kinda person, I'd rather just but something that's already made, even if I have to spend a little more money. Call me lazy.lol