My First Grow - 1 Plant

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by UniXelation, Nov 7, 2004.

1. I'm not sure when, but I'd say it sprouted about 4 days ago, not sure. It's 2nd set of leaves are coming in now. I have it under 2 CFLs (both 26w) and a 15W tube (until I get a bigger one). I lined this cabinet with tin foil and the doors too so it's pretty reflective in there. Pics are below, and I'll update as much as possible.

1st Picture is of the plant so far.

2nd picture (it's way brighter for some reason the camera doesnt capture all the light)

Attached Files:

2. hi and welcome to the city!! :wave:

nice start. plant looks good.

naomi
    -xx-

3. Welcome 2 da city ;) Looks good!
    Try and hang them cfl's sideways if u can and u could maybe some sort of a reflector or something would do wonders as well! If u paint the inside of your box 'flat white' it'll be better than the tin foil and easier to clean ;)
    With floro's u gotta keep em within a small distance from the plant to get the most out of em, for seedlings maybe 2-3" will do, but after a few days of growth u wanna get it within 1", U can even get it closer than that if u use a small fan blowing between the fan and the light! A fan is a good idea as well if u dont have one yet, have it blowing gently on the top of the plant all the time to strengthen the stem and branches for flowering!
    Good luck and have fun :hippie:
    CWL

4. HIGH All, it All starts from a seed....I too would deep six the tinfoil and paint it white.

Reflective Chart

Material Reflectivity....Black Less than 10%...Aluminium Foil 55-70%...Semi-gloss White Paint 60-70%....White / Black / White Film 70-85%...Flat White Paint 75-80%....Polystyrene Foam Sheeting 75-85%....Mylar Sheeting 90-92%

5. Is that a seed shell on the baby leaf, or is it burnt, might be hard for it to get going with a burnt baby leaf.

6. if it is a burn, its no big deal, I burnt mine when it was a week old and its doing great

7. I didnt like that grow spot...so I put it in my closet which has white walls. I'll post some pics tomorrow. I also made reflectors so it's angled from the side of the CFL.

8. oh and there's no burn...3rd set of leaves are just starting to pop out, too

9. Your single plant looks great. Is there a reasone why you only started one plant? I think your odds of finding a female would have been better if you had started at least five. Even with feminized seed its never a total guarentee. Good luck. gm714

10. I agree, you still got time to get another plant going & keep them on the same phazes as you go. It's running out though unless you want 1 big plant & 1 small. or more.

11. My plant seems to be doing very well! It's starting to grow in a lot more leaves, and they have 3 blades now on them. I have some more pictures.

1st Picture - Current state of plant.
    2nd Picture - Seemed a little bit wilted...so I put the lights on it different, added a fan (it makes the plant shake a little bit which i thought was good for stem strength), and have it in my closet which has white walls.

Anything I should be thinking about? How do you guys think it's doing so far?

Attached Files:

12. Oh and here is my new grow setup:

Attached Files:

• new.jpg
      new.jpg
      File size:
      127.7 KB
      Views:
  13. nice grow uni. so far it looks like a really healthy little plant. now's the time when patience really pays off. when mine were that small i'd check my plant every half an hour to see how much it grew lol, sometimes i could actually see a slight difference after a couple hours, the tiny little leaves in the very center of the plant would get bigger and bigger every time i peeked in. good luck with it, i'll be checking back.socki

14. HIGH All, when watering your baby make sure the soil is dry before your next watering..overwatering will cause the leaves to droop.

15. Ahh so that's my problem...The leaves are drooping a lot. I guess I'll stop watering so much. I would have a dish and put water in it and then put the pot on the dish...way too much water. Thanks for the tip!

16. Alright I have a question....the growth so far seems kind of bunched up, should I move the lights a little farther away to induce a small bit of stretching, and then move them closer again?

17. Would this be a good strategy? Anyone?

18. I wouldn't worry about it, It may seem like the nodes are really close (a good thing) unless your plant is having stunted growth (seem like no new growth/no height is developing). You plant is just fine.
    Vokal

19. yea man tight nodes is what you want, youre doing fine if the growth looks bunched, you dont want any stretching till flowering.

20. Well shit...the first 2 leaves that came out of the plant are starting to get a little brown. Maybe it's because I sprinkled a tiny bit of ferts on the soil? I dont think it's too big of a deal, the new foliage hasnt been effected, it's nice and green. Still a little bit droopy though, here are some more pics:

Picture #1: Wtf is this big curled leaf?

Picture #2: A side view...growth seems kind of funky maybe I just need to let it sit for a couple days. Seems to be growing out instead of up.

Attached Files: