My first grow - '09

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by HerbIsGood, Jun 5, 2009.

1. yeah just looks like some light spider mite, and a lil lack of nitro, wich is normal for a flowering plant, some neem would work well, to like corto said apply in the morning or at night, and with the neem oil, add it to warm/warm-hot water and the oil will apply easier

2. Herbis Good, I agree with Ginger and he IS da Man! Check out his grow and you'll see what I mean. Most of your plants look great and a couple of yellow leaves is to be expected when they're used up. I pluck em' off and use them for mulch. Maybe up the nitrogen a little. Otherwise nice grow..:hello:

3. Also some epsom salts can stop the yellowing if it's a Mg def (doesn't hurt to add them in any case: 2 teaspoons per gallon).

4. ooo did not even think of that, nice one

5. Yeah Ginger is definitely a pro haha, I think I watch his grow more than anybody elses.

Thank you for the info man, you seem to know what you're talkin about. I will pick up some nitrogen heavy fertilizer and see if that helps with the spots. I've already got some Neem so I'll put that on there today as well.

Thanks man, your info is a big help. I would +rep you but I can't give anymore rep to you guys haha.

I've got a question, could I add epsom salts, molasses, and other additions to help my plant all in one little 'tea' to water the plant, or should I do them separately?

6. i would not go to a heavy nitro fert, i would most likely leave that part alone that yellowing is a natural thing getting into the flower phase, try the epson salts like corto said, to much nitro at this point could screw some stuff up

7. She's looking great. I like the bud structure. She's also starting to looking nice and sugary in them top pic's. How much you guessing you'll get off of her?

8. Thanks Ginger, I guess I'll hold back on the N. just go with epsom salts.

I like the bud structure too, very dense buds and they're just beginning. I'm liking the sugar too haha.

I'm guessing 2-3 hopefully more ounces, and I have a clone of her under my porch which will be going up in a few days, so in total maybe 3-4 ounces? 5 if Im lucky.

thanks for checkin it out man!

positive vibes

9. very nice plant you got there mate. Short Sativa, wish my plants were that short. I just crossed a haze dominant strain with an Indica lime green, hopefully the prodigy of the cross will be something like yours- nice and short- more sativa dominant flavour and high. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the finished product. :smoking:

10. I read that epsom salts should be added separately but I don't know for sure. I usd mine separately.

11. High Herb, your girl sure is looking nice! Betcha get some good bud off her! :D

12. Thanks a lot man, I love the fact that it looks like a sativa but is only 3.5-4 fet tall! Its an amazing strain for stealth, and furthermore, it finishes pretty damn fast. Its not even mid august and shes almost done, amazing! I will definitely be growing out this strain again next year.

I am very excited about the end product, today I sprayed some Neem Oil on em, and got a few more pictures for filing. They weren't very professional pics so Idk if I'll put em up, but she's doing good.

The high is definitely good from what I can tell so far. Can't wait to make some QWISO hash outta her!

Corto, thanks for the tip, I think you've given me more advice than anybody else through this grow and I appreciate it lots, +rep if I can.

Buzzlightone, thanks for the comment, I sure hope she delivers with the end product. I'm quite confident that she will.:hello::wave:

positive vibes:smoking::smoking:

13. [​IMG]

just a quick update. This is how shes lookin now. This was taken on the 6th

14. looks great man! we'll have to burn one after harvest season and compare :laughing: looking great in this blue ridge sun shine, keep it up k+

15. before to long your gonna have budzzzzzz:smoking:

16. thanks man! Haha, sharing buds sounds great, what you're smoking looks like great herb to me.

thanks man! I'm sure you could say the same haha:D:wave:

more pics tomorrow

17. Well sorry no update today...I was gonna go up to my spot but it stormed and rained me out.

I'll get em tomorrow

18. She's lookin like a beauty.. I can't wait until harvest to see the final product

19. Damn that plant top is so dense, beautiful Herb! I wonder what that is going to look like in a few weeks? A monster! :D

The grow is coming along very nicely! :smoking:

20. I just came back to this post and read it again, and realized that you described my ideal sativa for this climate that i have yet to find :p next round when you take some cuttings you need to holler at me man, i'd love to give her a run :wave: