My first grow - '09

Discussion in 'Outdoor Grow Journals' started by HerbIsGood, Jun 5, 2009.

1. cant realy give you any advice when the girl looks healthy as can be, good work man, she will be a nice pay off for you.

2. Looking good! Mine should be going into full flower soon, can't wait. It is of course the best stage to watch :D

3. Hey man. Good update... I like how it's flowering. Looks like it will be tight dense and delicious. How much do you reckon you'll end up with?

4. Nice plants and macros. Good job!

5. Thank everyone for your kind comments. I apologize for not being around lately..I've had some issues with my girlfriend :rolleyes:

Thanks, before this grow I never knew how to use a camera lol, guess I got lucky.

Thanks man, I like how shes flowering too. From the looks of the pics today she will end up quite dense. I am hoping for maybe 2 or 3 ounces from her, another grower of this strain says I can pull off a few ounces easy, so I can only hope. I also have a clone from this mama under my porch and she looks ready to go out in the sun so in a few days she'll be out there too. So maybe if I get lucky 4-6 ounces or so from both plants?

Thank you very much, such kind words from a grower as experienced as yourself mean a lot to me.:smoke:

And the pictures

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Good vibes to everyone :smoking: :smoking:

6. bumpp

question

does Neem oil work well for white flies? Or would Ib e better off getting something like lady bugs/praying mantis eggs to get rid of em?

and are ANTS a problem?

7. your plants are tall!:)
    good work

8. I haven't used neem oil but everything I have read says its goooood shit. Pyrethrin based stuff is also really powerful and plant friendly - I use a combination of pyrethrin ortho-max bug powder and homemade bug repellent (consists of garlic, cloves, peppers, and ginger!) which has worked pretty well.

That is AWESOME you have purple hairs. Holy shit! That is going to be some goooood smoke. I wish I could sample it! Mail me a bowl. just kidding.

Anyway, this is fun to watch. Awesome job!

9. Beautiful plant.

Most ants are carnivorous,which means they are very beneficial.They will attack,kill,and eat anything 100 times their own body weight.If they were leaf cutter ants,then you would know because you would see them chewing on the leafs.

10. thanks for the advice man. I'm gonna go by the garden store today and pick up some neem oil or some kind of plant friendly bug spray.

and thanks for your compliments, whaddaya say we meet up after harvest and smoke a few bowls from both our harvests? lol :D:smoking:

Ah thanks, yeah I don't think these are leaf cutter ants, but I do have a few holes in some of the leaves. Idk if thats the ants or just random bugs that come by cause I had a few grasshoppers on my plant and stuff before.

11. Supa nice trees!!:hello:

12. Well heres the smoke report on some quick dried microwave early bud.

I smoked 2 little calyx things and some leaves and also WITH MY BROTHER so 2 people (so like..1/5 of a bowl, with like 5% bud) and I am coming down now..we smoked around 1:15 and its like 3 am. I am still pretty high, and that bowl (can bowl too..lost my new one and the slider on my bubbler broke) got me pretty damn high.

Can't give a report on taste or anything yet, of course but the high was definitely enjoyable. The high was very slow rising at first and came to a nice peak. Many times I thought I was at peak and just kept getting higher but so slowly, it was actually a great feeling. It was like every single bit of being high on this strain was enjoyable, from the slow starting and slow rising high to the amazing peak. The peak lasted about an hour. Took it a while to kick in, at first I thought I wouldn't get high, but it really came back and shocked me. A very up high with some giggles and lots of just overflowingness of happy feelings. I felt great, its definitely the most positive ganja I've ever smoked..very sativa like high. It made me feel optimistic, confident and satisfied with everything. Good for reggae music if you're into it, I prefered more laid back music like the grateful dead, the doors, some Zeppelin stuff...just mellow music, ya know? I havent eaten anything..idk if I will. I want to but the urge is not like dominating my mind. Its very easy to keep my head off of food on this stuff, which is definitely a BIG ++ in my opinion because I hate the munchies.

So, no munchies, great for music, you can really feel the rhythms through your body especially if you turn up the bass and turn it up loud. I tried watching knocked up when I was coming to peak but it just wasn't funny to me so I did other things. It makes playing music amazing as well too. Just makes it so fun haha. This is a very all around weed, you can do whatever and it'll be good. The kind that just makes everything so much better haha. Theres not really much of a body high, there is like a perfect hint of that rhythmic wave flowing through your body..the energy or whatever. Its just ever so present that it is like perfect, not overwhelming, not too subtle, just right.

I can honestly say this is the greatest weed I've ever smoked. I look forward to smoking an entire 2 bowls worth (the rest is drying) and seeing what that'll do.

13. oh man...irie eyes !!!

14. More pics tomorrow night or monday morning, tomorrow I'm going up to spray the plant with Neem oil to get ridda those whtieflies, and take some pictures.

keep ya updated!

15. Nice pics! Your grow looks awesome, I tried the organic repellent and didn't have much luck with it, I switched to the pyrethrin based store bought stuff which is good for veg/plants and it took care of my catepllar issue (hungry little f*ckers). Good Luck

16. Awesome to see another blue ridge grower on here! looks great man, stay safe and happy flowering :smoke:

17. Thank you kindly man! Its nice to see another blue ridge grower on here as well for me haha.

Tomorrow I'm going to give the baby some molasses and spray her with neem oil. Never got down to it today, had lots of busywork to do, but I gotta get down to work tomorrow.:wave:

18. Nice update and pics, looking very healthy! +rep:D

Can't rep ya again, gotta spread it around. sorry.

19. Haha, no problem man.

**UPDATE**

Ok so today I checked the plant and I've found that a lot of the main leaves (that are on the main stem) are turning yellow near the bottom. Is this normal?

Also, I'm starting to get very tiny white spots all over my leaves...is this from whiteflies? Pics of damage are at the bottom so if the experienced growers would help me out that would be greatly appreciated.

And the pics, shes coming along quite nicely despite some problems.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The rest of the pictures are problems I'm having, so anyone with knowledge of sick/bug infested plants please share your knowledge on how I should fix this.

White spots on her leaves
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Leaves yellowing on the main stem and some on the lower end (near the stem) of bottom branches

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Looks real good man. Maybe a pyrethrin based insecticide will do the trick. Spray in early morning/evening on both sides of leaves. It works well with my plants.