MY first flush and i have a question

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by mechanix901, Oct 12, 2010.

1. dosent that also cause the ash to be black? I know that when your herb burns its supposed to turn grey in ash.

2. No, absolutely not. I did not flush my summer grow, and I can't even begin to tell you how smooth it turned out. So far, everyone that has smoked it has told me its the best shit they ever smoked (They have only smoked purchased weed before, never grown, well, you know what I mean). No black ash, no chemical taste.

My wife does not regularly get high, but she does let me shotgun her a bong hit here and there. She always cringes at the taste of weed, until she had some of mine. After I shotgun her my smoke, she says she actually kind of likes how it tastes.

So that is really not meant to prove or disprove anything, except to say no, it doesn't snap or pop, and tastes very fine, with no chemicals, but that is just my stuff, and everyone differs.

I just think if you can keep a plant as healthy as you can from the day its born to the day you chop, you are better off. But if you tell me you guys think your flushed weed tastes better than non flushed, I will not call you a liar sir.

I definitely plan, as I said before many a time, that as soon as I get the opportunity to grow 2 clones from the same mother, I am going to do a side by side, and then set up several blind taste tests, to prove to myself once and for all, whether I am full of shit, or if I for once, know what I am talking about. :). Peace

3. That sounds reasonable. Let me know what you find out. Im too anal to change my regiment. You should do a write up on it in the journal sections.
    How often do you do res changes?

4. My summer grow I did none, using the Lucas Formula, just to prove I could. Lol. I won't do that again. Was successful, but had issues thruout.

I still use the Lucas Formula (so to speak, I find the #'s my plants like, not neccessarily 0-8-16) and I use drip clean and Real Plant Water (Its a product that alkalizes the water). I am running bubblebuckets with 3 gallons of solution. I only do res changes when my ppm or ph #'s start to go awry. If ppm and Ph remain steady, using the drip clean, well, I see no reason to change it. So probably every 3 - 4 weeks I do a res change.

5. Man I've only changed my res 3 times this grow. I use the lucas formula 0-8-16 as a base, then add 10ml each of diamond nectar, flora nectar, liquid koolbloom and twice I've used 10ml per gal of hygrozyme and I'm about to harvest my second grow doing that, and the plants love it. If the start to burn I just scale back the additives to 8ml per gal or so.

Like I said though I'm about to harvest, in a 10-13 days, and I've added back 2 gallons, (out of 3) of clean water to sort of start flushing, then I was going to just drain and fill it back w/ 3gal clean water for the last week. Do you guys think I'd benefit from giving it nutes all the way to harvest like making a fresh bucket tonight?

6. Well, if you have been reading my posts lately around here, then you probably know, I am not in favor of flushing and starving your plants for 2 weeks. I say yes, make a fresh bucket and keep em nuted till the end. Others will disagree though, so you will have to decide for yourself.

7. Yes in nature there is no such thing as flushing. But at the same time, there's no such thing as introducing nutrients, fertilizers, and other chemicals. Now ask yourself a simple question. Do you want to smoke all of them chemicals stored in the plant? (I didn't think so....) yes definitely flush your plants, between 3-5 days before harvesting. And a final flush contains natural sugars which will be more than enough nutrients for the few days (that and it's still thriving on the nutrients your flushing out)

Hope this helps happy growing!

8. Have you even read the thread, then gone on to read science? Plants do not store nutrients, its not how it works. ANd no, you will not have chemical tasting weed. If you had been reading, and not coming here with the "I know all because I read message boards" attitude, you would see how wrong your statement is. I have jars full of white widow and northern lights that taste devine, with no flushes.

All you are doing by flushing your plant is killing it off early, and not letting the plant function as it should, because you are starving it.

So keep giving out the lousy advice you read somewhere, or get some grows going and educate yourself on the matter. 1st hand experience trumps any theory my friend, and I have just that, experience with good dank weed that was not flushed. And every myth perpetrated on the internet about not flushing, well I myth busted them with my own grow.

So i have proof, you have theory, Who is correct? As you answered for me earlier, I will answer for you. (I thought so).

9. Well, I already did the whole, "defoliating for higher yield" thing from another thread as sort of an experiment. I'll go ahead and feed it for another week too. I mean, It's dwc, and I wont give it the whole dose of nutes, maybe just add back a little micro and koolbloom.

10. not contradicting but i wanna know who else has grown bud with Nutes all the way to the end with no impact on taste???
    im in flowering and if i can beef my yield without screwing the flavor i would nute til the end but then again ...shhit idk this is a great controversial subject that i need to know!!!

11. Well Budlslinger also has admitted to not flushing. He also found out for himself by doing it both ways. Not too many growers here more experienced than him, and he doesn't flush.

but its ok to contradict. If you feel otherwise, then its your right to contradict. Opposing views doesn't have to mean arguing. I love debating, its another way to learn. Peace.

12. have a room come down in a few weeks... going to push a couple plants to the side and and basically try and fert burn them just to see if thiers no differnce. the lcd guy had alot of logic on this. when i call bs on something usally start googling what farmers do. and to my surprise i couldnt find a single farmer that flushed any thing, besides organic farmers but that doesnt hold much water to me.

13. Dude I've decided to just run nutes till the end. Also, if you have a sec, take a look at the last pics in my journal and tell me how long you think I might have before the chop. I'm thinking at least a week.

14. if u are at 64 days then imo you are close/done. im not the one to ask on quality, we take down at 60 days no matter what, if not sooner to give us extra time to slack on turn over.

15. Hello everyone
    I wanted to save rain water and planning of installing a water tank and one my friend suggested me to take services from here Superwall Systems,
    Is this this website really good?

16. Dude... start your own shit. We are talking about flushing not rain water crap.
    Its probably just some jerk off trying to get one of us to click his BS link for scamming.

17. your last post was really informative!

Personally I cannot see a single thing that 'flushing' can do to rid your bud of chemicals. those buds were BUILT with those chemicals, there's no taking them back until you smoke them up.

if you build an apartment building of wood, concrete, glass, and asbestos insulation, you're not gonna get rid of the insulation (which you put there in the first place) by running some water through the building and calling it 'flushed'

perhaps not the best analogy, but i really don't see why people go on and on about getting the chemicals out of their finished product when those chemicals are, in fact, the building b locks of your buds

18. Because if its said on the Internet enough times, it becomes fact. And then everyone knows someone who flushed their weed and it tasted SOOOOOO much better. Thats proof right?

its just like the majority of the people in this country watch the "news" and think its the truth when in fact the gov't owns every single major news outlet and feed the sheep what they want them to believe, and the sheep do.

So I give out what I feel is good advice, and if they take it, great for them, and if they don't, well they can continue to believe the internet myths, and flush their weed and kill it early.

19. Why did my nutrient company send me a feeding schedule with final flush at the end?

How can they sell me H2O? They dont even make a final flushing agent.

The additives and nutrients are like steroids for our plants. They really push them to the limits and sometimes scorch the shit out of them. You dont see that in nature unless an animal pisses on it. So why keep them in there til harvest.

Now way only water can cause a plant to die. My buddy does all of his plants in soil w/o nutes and just waters them. They run the whole cycle just fine. They just arent as big as others.