My first experience with Shrooms

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by CaliDrummer420, Aug 21, 2009.

1. #1 CaliDrummer420, Aug 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2009
    I'll give you the whole story.

My friends (my band) just drove down from Oregon to visit me because I recently moved out of my moms house to my dads in California. The 4 of us decided we would reserve a spot at the campground for the night. We all planned on tripping that night and were warming ourselves up with a few bongs hits.

We sat in a circle in our tent and ate the shrooms. I took around 5 minutes to eat them all. We sat there and played guitar until we could feel some effects.

Once they kicked in we laid a blanket out and looked at the stars. All of us were just talking about weird stuff like "How big is the universe?" and "Do you think there is life somewhere in other galaxies?".

I started to really feel the effects and I noticed the trees had this "white glow" around them. We all pointed out that the trees acted like our blanket and were watching the night sky with a nice, warm tree blanket. I closed my eyes and I started to see some cool patterns.

10 minutes later, I was seeing tons of patterns and weird designs (kind of like that one pipe screensaver on Macs). This is when my trip took a turn.

I got up while everyone was still laying down to take a piss. I couldn't walk very well and my surroundings were constantly changing. I looked straight up at the trees which were all different colors and looked like they were swaying back and fourth. I kept hearing weird sounds of people far away from different campsites and a weird ocean sound like when you put a sea shell up to your ear.

I went into the tent which took me 5 minutes to figure out how to open it, to get a small blanket to bring back with me. I was looking inside the tent and saw a person laying there (there really wasn't). This scared the shit out of me so I ran back to where my friends were. At this time I noticed that I was tripping pretty hard.

From then on everything just went bad. I was staring at the trees again and I kept seeing my friend in my periferal. If I would stare in one spot, I can see an image of him in one position. If I moved my eyes just a little bit, his whole position would change. This freaked me out. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't say anything because I didn't want to ruin my other friends trips.

Everyone wanted to go for a walk, so we got up and just started walking to no where. We made it to some bench in a vacant campsites and just sat there for a while. I kept hearing the bushes move like there was an animal in there or something. My friend pulled out his phone and started playing Brain Damage by Pink Floyd and that songs just sent me into a different world.

We decided to walk to the lake and sit in the sand. It was around midnight at this time. The walk there was very scary because of the darkness and something about those trees just scared me. When we got there we sat on a log and just looked out into the lake which was lit up by the moon (looked awesome). All the lights from the dam made it that much better.

About this time we thought it would be cool to cook some hotdogs back at our campsite. I was mentally exhausted and just decided to lay down in the tent. Everyone came back when they were done and we were discussing different bands and different types of music they play. We were listening to some trippy music by Bassnectar when all the sudden my friend says "COPS!" (There was really no cops, he is just the kind of kid that would yell that to try to scare us.) It scared the shit out of me and I spilled my beer trying to hide it. This just sends the negative thoughts right back to me and I start seeing people that weren't there in the tent again. I just put my hands on my head and closed my eyes thinking of how big of an asshole he was for yelling out "COPS".

Anyways my first shroom experience wasn't all that great, but I'm still thinking about trying it again but maybe during the day time. I loved all the visuals but something about a full moon night, and those trees just didn't agree with me. It might be awesome for you others but I think I'm gonna be a day tripper for now on.

Thanks for reading.:wave:

2. Wow, sounds like a real asshole friend to yell that during a trip. It sounded like your trip had some good parts to it. Maybe next time bring a trip sitter to help if you start to freak?

3. I also drank a lot of Sunny D while I was eating the shrooms. Would that cause a bad trip?

4. yes and no? supposedly vitamin c(i think) is supose to amplify your trip, for better of for worse? first time i triped on shrooms i just popped in a shroom and filled my mouth with orange juice and chewed that shit up and it worked great, heh.

5. ^ thats exactly what I did.. I guess I just had a bad trip :( Anybody have any suggestions for next time I try them?

6. I HATE those kind of people that say "cops" for no reason. I woulda popped that kid in the face if he pulled that shit when trippin on shrooms.

7. that reminds me of one of my trips i had in the woods. Its better during the day though, the sunlight and plantlife is so intense looking yet really peaceful and serene.

I went to these new hampshire woods to my friends cabin and we drank mushroom tea, hiked out in the woods to this sick waterfall and smoked a blunt at the top and went back and jammed for a bit

it was sick and the first time i had really intense visuals the leaves and branches kept coming together whenever i stopped looking around and would form this face and beard with all these designs it was fucking crazy

8. yea man trip during the day everrything is alive and amazing to look at. although (for me at least) tripping at night is ill because of the shadows from light. i would say make a nice trippy playlist to get your spirits up while tripping. some good albums to trip to:
    Are You Shpongled?-Shpongle
    Dark Side of the Moon-Pink Floyd
    Junta-Phish

9. sounds like you had a pretty good time for the most part. what time did you guys eat them at? on another note i hate when people try to scare you or fuck with your trip, first time i did lsd i got scared shitless by my friends, scariest thing of my life lol.

10. Sorry for the bad experance. But the key to not having a bad trip, is when it starts going downhill, do not think "im having a bad trip, fuck this sux!!". Just turn off your brain and float downstreem.

How many grams did you eat?

11. what was your dosage, and for your first time, its good to have a sitter, since you wont know how to calm yourself down.

12. We each had an 1/8 and we took them right when the sun was down. We listened to some Bassnectar and Pink Floyd but I didn't seem to get that feeling where music sounds REALLY good like on ecstasy. I was kinda bummed :(

13. wtf, 3.5g your first time, thats probably why your last half sucked so much cock, learn moderation.

14. ^ The first half was the good half. Then it took a turn for the worse.

15. Maybe it was too high of a dosage in an unfamiliar and dark place with the wrong people to trip with. Yah that's definately it.