Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My first experience last night

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by bunsup15, Oct 21, 2013.

1. I'm 25 and have never tried any drugs or alcohol before. Never been drunk.

My friend gave me a brownie to try last night - it was about the size of a fun-size Snicker's bar. I ate it on an empty stomach at 6pm. I started my stopwatch just to see how long it would take, an hour passed by and I still felt the same, and then exactly at 90 minutes it just hit me like a train. 

My body felt SO HEAVY, so did my eyes. My face felt like it kept getting flushed and when I sat down it was like I was sinking through the floor. I was playing on Xbox live with my friends, and all of a sudden I felt like I had a 10 second memory span. I couldn't remember what my friends were saying over the headset, and I kept getting lost in the GTA5 mission we were on.

I went to the bathroom because I felt like I was going to throw up, and my eyes were extremely red. I was standing at the toilet and could hear the fan spinning in my computer all the way from my living room (WTF?). I stumbled back over to the couch and laid down, I had never been so tired in my life, I had to really fight to keep my eyes open. When I woke up this morning my mouth was SO DRY it was weird.

I'm a little disappointed because it didn't feel that great to me, it just felt like I overdosed on sleeping pills or I was shot with a tranquilizer or something. 

I don't understand how artists & musicians could possibly function while high, I completely lost control of myself and just passed out. I lost all sense of time and couldn't remember what happened 10 seconds before.

Next time how do I make it more enjoyable?

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Oct 21, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2013
    :laughing:  :laughing: there's a lot of that going around. thanx for the laugh

smoke less  edit: eat less lol :hippie:

3. a brownie on the first time is a no-no in my book, its often to strong for someone with no tolerance

4. #4 bunsup15, Oct 21, 2013

Well I saw this video where this one guy ate half of this giant brownie so I figured I would be ok with this little piece I ate. Also I've never smoked anything before and I wouldn't know where to do it without getting caught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nptg29SUvI

5. haha one of the video annotations said he slept for 3 hours after.  anytime you smoke youre gonna get a little tired, unless the bud is a sativa, but in your case you got really damn high for your first time and just knocked out.  Not uncommon for kids first brownies.  if youve never smoked before do it with a friend of yours and he can show you the ropes

6. size of the brownie isn't relevant, its the potency of the brownie that is. maybe try smoking a little next time im sure youll have a better experience

7. Yeah for an experienced smoker they could eat several of those brownies and function perfectly, a serious smoker would actually function better than normal.  Your first time is always disorienting, but a brownie is a bit much for that. 

Try getting your friend to smoke a joint with you.  That way you take a few hits, get happy, stop when you want.  With a brownie you can't stop getting high once you've started.  With smoking you can stop anytime you want.

8. First time I had got high was when i was 19. I ate a rather large and strong brownie from what i was told and i was really ignorant to the whole scene and told my friends i didnt feel anything. They insisted i wait 45 mins or so but i wasnt hearing it. I started drinking a little bit of 151 and crown and told em i didnt feel any different than being a little drunk so i smoked 2 or 3 bowls then it all hit me. It was crazy and i felt sick like you OP and it was not enjoyable at all but that whole week i gave it another chance and just slowed it down a little bit and now it's been 3 years and it has helped me in some ways with realizations about life and has humbled me a bit. Dont give up on it yet. Give it another chance

9. dammm your soo lucky i remmeber the good old days i was like that . now edibles dont work. and neither does weed really. i have to smoke dabs and even with dabs unless i take a .5 glob i dont really get that type of high. the first few time you mite not enjoy it try smoking a bowl not a edible. or maybe take a hit and see in 20min how you feel take anoter hit. ect. 

10. #10 MoonSpirit, Oct 21, 2013
    I ate a brownie my first time too. It can be either really scary, in a bad trip way, or really fun. Mine, personally, was really fun, as everything was hilarious to me. It was my first time being intoxicated by something too. My friend however had a bad trip and threw up. I think it just depends on your mindset and how strong/weak minded you are. Not that you're weak-minded, OP, just that you probably weren't ready for the potency of an edible. Edibles are really trippy. Smoking is better for starting off.  :yummy:

11. A lot of people don't enjoy their first time high.

The more I smoke the more I love weed.

12. dude u gotta smoke. brownies are completely different than smoking.

13. Just smoke up. You will never feel like throwing up, unless you use a bong, maybe. You should be lucky, most people don't get high their first time, I know I didn't. 

14. Speak for yourself, man. I was super blazed my first time, lol.

15. #15 bunsup15, Oct 31, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2013
    So my friend baked an entire 9x9 batch for me. I cut them into 1x1 pieces and ate one...omfg. I was high for 2 days straight. I found out that he put an entire ounce into the 9x9 pan. So I just eat 1/4 of each piece and I'm good. This is going to last me all year..

16. Smoke first...edibles later. You can one hit quit off smoking if you are someone with a very low natural tolerance.

Brownies...nope. You're in it for the long haul.

"Could" be done if they were very mild but I'd recommend testing smoking out so you have a gauge to make/eat edibles by.

17. Well, I find an edible high (eating the weed rather than smoking it) to be very different from my normal highs. Whenever I have a special brownie, I end up puking at the end of the night. I also tend to get a really intense body high - I'm tingling all over, feel like I'm peeing myself, etc. It's usually pretty unpleasant, really. So I stick to smoking.

What I'm saying is you should maybe give getting high another chance. Smoke it sometime instead of eating it, it's pretty different for some people.

18. Sounds like a time my friend. Try eating less next time

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

19. I've never smoked anything before, I'm not sure how it works. Will it set off the smoke detectors in my apartment? I could go to my balcony but hope nobody sees.

20. It won't set off any smoke alarms unless your blowing a lot of smoke right into it. You could use a sploof too (toiletpaper/paper towel roll with dryer sheets stuffed inside). That will cut down on smell and smoke that escapes. As far as people seeing, doubt anyone really would and even if they did they'd probably just assume it was tobbaco if their at a distance. But since you already have more edibles might aswell stick to that, or just buy some bud too. don't forget to have something airtight like a mason jar or something to keep it in so smell won't leak out. I'd suggest getting a small bowl too instead of rolling if you do decide to try smoking it. Just take 1 or 2 hits and see how your feeling in 10 minutes or so, its obviously going to hit you MUCH faster when smoking. I didn't really enjoy smoking my first few times ethier because I was just so zoned but as soon as you get more use to it and start uilding up a tolerance it will be much kore enjoyable I promise. I LOVE weed now and can function 100% while baked out of my mind (ok so I might say "what?" a lot more)