My first ever PC Micro Grow

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by DJ Mem3, Nov 10, 2014.

1. These pics were taken 12/12/2014

Plants seem to be doing well, even did a nice recovery after the lights fell and burned one plant which is the smaller one in the pics. It used to be the bigger one lol.

This Fox Farms Ocean Forest seems to be doing a good job so far. I like this soil. 

Attached Files:

2. Sorry just looking at the dates here but it looks like your about a month in since your seeds popping? You really may want to spend 20 bucks on some 6500k cfls like a couple previous users have suggested, those plants are very small for how old they are I must say.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. yea, might have to search around the house for some daylight cfls, also need to invest in some nutes still

4. Yeah man, not trying to discourage you but those girls growth seems to be very much so stunted. Seems as if you know what's causing it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. No discouragement taken, Im just lacking in funds atm to buy some good nutes that I want to use for them. I searched the house for 6700K daylight cfls but no luck :( Gonna for sure purchase the products needed when I get paid though. 

Appreciate the feedback though.

Attached Files:

6. Sad news

1 plant is looking like its a male :( gonna murder that shit before it contaminates the whole setup, the smaller plant is still looking good so far. Oh well learning experience, maybe i can get the next one to grow better with good supplies like the 6700k cfl daylight bulbs for vegging a bit and some nutes besides whats in the Fox Farms Ocean Forest already.

I dont know if anybody can tell from the pic, I used the laptop for the img.
    I examined it this morning and im sure it's officially a male plant. I see nuts lol

Attached Files:

7. Update

Well the male plant was confirmed to be a male, he got separated as soon as I started seeing balls growing. Ripped it out of the pot and got rid of it before it could damage the grow box with pollen.

Got a new seed started it the smart pot now

This baby in the pic is now the biggest plant i got going now, it's not popping any nuts, thank god. Looks like pistils are starting to show.

Just purchased some Fox Farms Big Bloom from Amazon.

Merry Christmas Grasscity!!!

Attached Files:

8. Update,

New LED Bulbs are being used to replace 2 of the cfls, I have 1 for vegging and 1 for flowering, its a mixed spectrum now. Hope these LEDs help more, definately got more lumens and wattage going now.

Here's a few pics taken earlier today

Attached Files:

9. They look a bit droopy to me, what is your watering schedule?

10. I was watering every other day, might just water a little bit more often. I was working during the past holiday weeks, so havent been taking care of them as well as I could have been if I was here. 

11. Update:

Plants pics were taken yesterday, started feeding with molasses also.
    Babys are loving the new led lights
    Biggest plant is getting nice and bushy now.

Attached Files:

12. New Update:

Big plant got taken out of the box, sexed it and turned out its a male, now wifey has it downstairs sitting as a little bonsai tree lol. Going to murder it soon most likely, its fugly as heck.

Good news though, the baby is actually a female plant, 3rd times a charm I guess from seed. First 2 were males, now I got a good one. Strain is not known due to it being random bag seed.

Anyways here's how she's looking growing with the cree LED bulbs from Home Depot.

Attached Files:

13. Update
    Flowering plant is looking like its recovering from over nute

Started a little veg box for a few solos

Here's how she is looking today

uploadfromtaptalk1424296373734.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1424296382418.jpg

14. Flowering mini plant is doing awesome making a comeback

looks like she's going to be delicious

Also started another box just for vegging or when i want to flower bigger plants, just has babys veggin in it now though.

Attached Files:

15. #35 DJ Mem3, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2015
    Little plant looks like its finishing up. Got a few more improvements since I last posted. Added 40 watt cfl flowering bulb to flower box. Have bulb splitters and another 40watt daylight cfl, a light base, for veg box I made downstairs. Also lined box with foam weather stripping I bought from china. Ultimately the box downstairs will be used for bigger grows and can easily be converted to flowering box if need be. Also got a few pc fans on the way since one broke and now vibrates loud as fuck in the pc case. Will take pics of grow box downstairs later

uploadfromtaptalk1426019536104.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426019556069.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1426019564595.jpg

16. #36 DJ Mem3, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2015
    Update:

Flowering mini bonsai is looking great, been giving here a little haircut here and there. Added 1 solo cup plant to flower box.

Vegging box received new light bulb with more wattage but shit didnt work, now gotta print return label from amazon to ship it back but ran out of ink in my printer [​IMG]

Here's the plants i got in veg atm. The non cannabis one is a spider plant cutting I rooted and is currently growing nice new leaves. Also got a dwarf plant that isnt growing out very tall at all lol, but growing small leaves like a little bush. It's so tiny. That would be awesome if it grew a nice fatass nug.

Edit:

Just went down and topped the two bigger plants in veg solo cups

Attached Files:

17. Budding little chick is still marinating, white hairs keep bursting out of nowhere recently, hopefully plumping up the little buds a bit more while she finishes up.

Attached Files:

18. Giving this little girl till the end of this month for the choppa style.

Smells good, wish i vegged it out but was worried about the limited space in the pc grow box. It was 12/12 from bagseed.

Added a solo cup to the flower box to see what it turns out to be, I only have bagseed so we shall see. Hope for no nuts lol.

I got a little dwarf that looked really retarded at first when it was a little seedling but its filling up pretty nice and getting a little bushy. It's still so short though but I like it.

Attached Files:

19. lookn cool man. cant wait til my buds start packin it on like yours

20. Bad news, my power strip fell onto the plants that had the lights in the pc flowering box. I chopped off half of that budding plant the day before. Had to emergency cut the whole plant. The little solo cup that was in the flower box got burnt also, not sure how it will recover now. I cut off the dead burnt parts which were the 2 tops that were growing after I topped it. Anyways, nothings in the pc flower box now, been thinking about putting the flower bulbs into the vegging grow box since its bigger. Might switch this to a vegging box in the pc tower instead.