My first ever grow! STEALTH SETUP >_>

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GetsLifted, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Heres the plan: I'm going to drill a hole through my floor in my room to my crawlspace to run power to my lights, so i can 12/12 without having to go in the crawlspace.
    Im going to build a 2'x2'x2' (L,W,H) white painted Box from plywood, nailed together with a hinged top. Im also using two 75 watt (equivalent) 6500k cfls for vegging. Any suggestions on how many lights to use...? It's going to be a single plant grow. Think this will work out?

Attached Files:

2. I dont know man, it's going to get really hot in there with those lights, trust me. I have 3 seedlings under 4 CFLs (around 100-200 watts total), in the cabinet in my bathroom. And with a fan and the doors open its usually around 80-84 degrees, then again i am on the 7th floor in a building.

3. #3 GetsLifted, Mar 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
    I was thinking about hooking a computer fan to some batteries to help strengthen the stems and to help with ventilation. I'll drill some holes in the side and mount the fan to it so the fan is blowing out. (Gonna cover the holes with black cloth of course to kill as much light escaping as possible).
    I guess I'm going to upgrade to 4 CFL's because the theoretical wattage is only 40 with two.

4. Growing in a crawl space would be a stealth ideal, though ventilation and odor elimination may prove to be a problem.

I'm no expert in growing, but I can tell you that in order to grow healthy plants you're going to need plenty of fresh air going into your grow space.

Good luck to you!