My first DWC tent grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Growboy88, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Hi guys. Recently invested in a grow set up. Running 2 viparspectra 600 watt LED in a 2x4 set up. 3 DWC buckets and have the sprouts on 18/6 timer. Haven’t added any nutes yet. A bit scared as I’ve never grown legitimately before.

Attached Files:

2. Nice set up. Happy growing my friend

3. They'll need nutes from day 4 above ground mate.
    You got a ppm meter and a ph meter handy?

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. #4 Shifte83, Nov 16, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    My first grow was DWC Ioved it and got close to a pound off 2 plants.

Yes the most important part is PH pen and PPM stick.. Also bottles of PH UP AND DOWN. can't stress how important that part is.

Also the quality of the water I found always leaving the water out for a day helped evaporate all the shit out of it.

If you need any help along the way message me. Peace

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pics of my 3 plants

Attached Files:

6. They are too small to have transplanted in to the main pot.. You will still need to top feed daily until the roots hit the bottom.

7. I'll bet £3.72 that you never cleaned the rockwools first. Probably got them soaking in ph 8.5.

Sent from my SM-G850F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Yes I rinsed the Rockwell and yes I lower the pH two between 5.5 and 6.2. Also roots are already coming out from the bottom

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Good lad
    When it comes to feeding them, use your ppm meter to tell you what to do.
    Number goes up you add more water.
    Number goes down you add more nutes.
    The requirements go up roughly 100ppm for every week in veg. So a 4 week old plant will need around 400ppm of nutes.
    You don’t have to be obsessive about it but if you can keep the ppm dropping slightly from day to day you’ll never get any issues other than the odd bits going slightly yellow.
    Bottoms go yellow you up the base mutes. (NPK)
    Tops go yellow you up the micro mutes (calmag/iron)
    And that’s all you need to know to feed them right really. Ph rises during veg and drops during bloom (if you feed them right) so you start at 5.7 and let it drift to 6.3 then bring it back down. In bloom you start at 6.3 and let it drop to 5.7. Go too far out that zone for any length of time and you’ll get issues.
    Oh and make sure to use sm90/hydro guard or something similar to keep the red clean. I use sm90 and its a godsend. 0.3ml/L keeps the red fresh as fuck :)
    Best of luck buddy, keep it green

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Res not red lol

11. So I’m down to two plants. After refreshing them a couple days ago by getting them out of rockwool I was too rough with the middle plant and messed it up. Adjusted ph again and added nutes at low strength. Also put the pump from the bucket I took out in one of the plants buckets that’s still alive. So one bucket is now getting more oxygen then the other. Here’s pics. Not off the the best start but hopefully things improve. Also just have veg switch on as I thought it might be too much light for the small plants to start. Ordered some hydroguard too.

Attached Files:

12. Seem to be doing better

Attached Files:

13. When you get sick of DWC, give drain to waste or Perlite Hempys a shot. You can use smaller pots which will help in your shorty tent. The growth is still crazy fast, and if you have a way to automate from a res, it’s a matter of checking and adjusting ph 2-3 times in two weeks, and emptying runoff water.

I wish you luck in your current DWC adventure though. I just know how much work it is

14. Do you guys think that just having the blue spectrum on is good enough with these lights since I have 2 lights in the tent? Just seems to be running hot in tent with both veg and bloom switches on at the same time.

15. Is it too soon to crop the top set of leaves off? Also I changed out the water completely adjusted the ph and added nutes. PH is at 5.6 and ppm reads about 450 per bucket after adding nutes. Temp of water is 70 degrees atm.

Attached Files:

16. Feeling like growth is slow. But maybe I’m just impatient. Especially with one of my plants. One seems to be fine. The other seems like something is maybe wrong. Same amount of leaves but the leaves are half as small as the other plant. Recently changed the buckets and mixed nutes along with hydro guard. Adjusted ph and got temps under control as I was having issues with h2o temp. Wrapped the buckets in aluminum foil and that’s seems to have helped temps a lot. Roots seemed a little off color so hoping hydrogaurd helps. Trying to leave the buckets a lone for a few days as I may have been disturbing roots too much and exposing them to light more then they wanted. First 3 pics are the good looking plant. Second set of 3 pics are the plant with and issue.

Attached Files:

17. Plants look really happy today

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. Just like posting pics of them. Here they are today.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Here they are today :)

Attached Files: