My First DWC Grow

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by Telebubbies, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Hi. So I am new to DWC. I always grew with coco coir, but recently quit after discovering these tiny parasites eating the seeds once they get a tap root. It seems to be an issue in my house, flies could be bringing them in, not sure. So I decided to switch to DWC.
    I took a sour diesel plant from my coco coir, and gently took water in a spray bottle and I eventually had only roots left, and I put it into the coco coir. The reservoir is 45l, and I have it filled at about 40l. Water is all pHed. This is day 2 of my using this DWC, and the sour diesel (the bigger plant, to the left) seems to be growing a new node already. But it is definitely still going through shock. The plant to the right is Northern Lights (started it in rockwool, and is 2 days old from when I took it out of the paper towels. Very impressed with it so far). As I said, it is 2 days in DWC, so no roots are showing from the bottom yet.
    Any advice will be helpful. I am being cautious of algae growth. I have 1 300W (156W actual) viparspectra light up and I will put in the second one when they are flowering.

The tent is 60x60cm. Nutrients come from my local hydroponic shop - and they actually make it themselves. They have a few stores around my country. So it is more of a no brand type. It was basically powder mixed that I had to mix with water. It made 15l concentrated nutrients. But it does have 3 sets. Micro, Grow, and Bloom.

Excited to see how this goes. Any tips is highly appreciated! I am also highly open to any criticism you guys might have since I am new to this. I will update regularly if this post gets any recognition.

IMG_0535.JPG IMG_0534.JPG IMG_0533.JPG

AGAIN, the one in the rockwool (right) is NORTHERN LIGHTS, and the one to the left is SOUR DIESEL

2. Sour Diesel does look a bit greener in real life, the camera and LED lights kinda just messed the picture up. However, it is a bit discolored due to the transplant. It is still going through shock

3. Well, pretty sure no one will stay posted with this. So I am just gonna keep posting for documentation of my first DWC grow. So hi me from the future (ok that's sad). hihihi.
    Incase anyone does come, here is a picture of my reservoir and how the air stones (two of them) are spread out:
    IMG_0536.JPG

4. Hey buddy ill sub up and keep an eye on you if you like :) i grow in nft which is pretty similar. Hydros easy enough like. Go easy on the nutes and not much can go wrong really. I like helping folk out so anything you want to know just ask. Im not an expert but im pretty handy with a res.
    Are you using sm-90 or something similar to keep the res clean? Top hydro mistake that one. End up with all sorts of weird problems otherwise.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Hey looking good. I ran some deisel before in December and it turned out pretty good. Keep an eye on your rez everyday. Get a test or ec meter if you don't have one, then you will know exactly how much you are feeding. Good luck!

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Typo correction-." Ran deisel in dwc before"

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. Got my chair and a drink. My first DWC is in flower right now!!