My First Diy Growbox (3D Model)

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Baylife, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Hey all!
    First time poster here. :)
    I just wanted to share the 3D box that I created with the development software "Sketchup" 
    This is just a prototype of what i plan on making from wood and sheet metal.
    I've researched micro/closet grow boxes and they seem to be very general structurally and functionality speaking. This inspired me to design one for my own.

As you can see, I have an exhaust fan hole in the bottom right on the back of the box wall. Also an intake fan hole on the bottom right side of the top wall. Under the "ceiling" i put a mounting block for my main lighting fixture. and side railing for additional lighting, fans or scrog fencing. I finished with adding an elevated floor with drip slots for ugly drip pans to stay hidden and easily accessible.

The big problem i run into with my grow box is when i go to design a air-tight sealed door. I have not looked very far into that subject but any advice or tips would be wonderful.

I am open to criticism of all types so please, comment, and let me know what i could do to improve my base model for the box i plan to build in the near future, whether that be adding or subtracting certain aspects of the box.  

-Thanks!
    Baylife :3 

Attached Files:

• 1.png
      1.png
      File size:
      164.6 KB
      Views:
    • 2.png
      2.png
      File size:
      159.7 KB
      Views:
    • 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      180.8 KB
      Views:
    • 4.png
      4.png
      File size:
      222.6 KB
      Views:
  2. You want to intake from the bottom of the box and exhaust out the top of the box. You also don't need an air tite door but a light tite door is a must.