My First Dabbing Contraption

Discussion in 'Concentrate Tools' started by ItzBurt, Jun 2, 2014.

1. So I've been wanting to do this for a long time and finally got around to buying the pieces. Ash catcher was $75 (got for $50 on sale) j hook was $20, dome male to male and ti nail was $55 bucks. Now all I need is a torch that I'm going to buy at Rona or Home Depot. I have some questions though before I start hitting it. The nail seemed kinda cheap so I was wondering if that will be a problem. I heard you have to christen the nail before using it? And what do you think of the piece. Should I buy a new one or keep it. Thanks a lot looking forward to hear your feedback. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401690038.929082.jpg ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1401690083.212434.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. 55$ isnt really that cheap for a ti nail. Looks like a sweet setup man

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I think he paid 55$ for the dome, adapter, and nail.

5. Ohhh okay in that case yeah is it grade 2 titanium?

6. The most advice here is that a cheap titanium is doubtful to be a real grade 2, and it's not recommended. I think the $50 and above just for TI will be okay, but not the ones being sold on eBay or similar cost from other vendors. This is the reason why I can't buy until I have enough money for real one. It's something I don't want to take a chance with, but for now, I just use glass nails.

7. Thanks guys. So just to be clear what's the problem with having this cheap nail? It was around $20 bucks I think.

8. cause you're heating it up and dabbing off it.  You want medical grade so you know that they are made to a certain quality with a minimum of contaminants.  Cheap ti nails are most likely from China, they might say grade 2 but nobody knows what they are.  They cut corners during production.  I only get highly educated or santa cruz since they are some of the most reputable companies for ti.

9. Oh I see so they are bad for your health? Would it be safe to dab off it?

10. The problem is if it turns out that it isn't a pure grade 2, it could release toxic under high heat, who knows what that could be. I doubt you'll notice it, but why take a chance.

11. A cheap quartz nail or cheap glass nail would be safer imo.

To the OP, if you don't have enough cash for a Highly educated ti nail I would do what ByBySucker suggests here.  Get a quartz or glass, glass nails break very very easily so I would go with quartz.  And yes, it could be bad for your health to dab off a nail that's questionable.  Not worth saving a little cash IMO.