My first crop!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by da1uwant2meet, Mar 4, 2008.

1. So Ive decided to grow some purple wreck and some seeds that I got from some decent smoke. I plan on growing the babies under flouros for the entire cycle, but Im thinking about just flours for veg and hid for flowering but idk i will see how the first comes out...Im purchasing supplies this weekend and I will be growing in a walk-in closet(well half of one) I will keep you posted every week of this process until my babies are ready to come out and play!

2. Good luck buddy! Don't get MG if you are using soil! They burned my plants. And then I drowned them trying to flush the nutes... :( man, being a beginner sucks

3. I have still to successfully harvest anything but i just recently found my first female which is first out of six total plants over 3 different attempts so my luck with that is not so good. But i learn to cause them less stress so i think my next few will be better.

I use right now 2 shop light fixtures with total of 4 32watt bulbs with some side lighting. But i still got bushy 1 ftish tall plants under just one of the fixtures (2 bulbs) with some side lighting. That was even with out any reflective material and no knowledge.

You can use those or compact floro's. Only think i dont like about the 4ft floro's is that the only place i can fit it is in my closet.

I have a 400W HPS for flowering :)

[​IMG]

4. Pics just taken now

Attached Files:

5. Thanks for the support guys..and you babies look soo cute....Speedy..its amazing how you saved their lives...kudos!!!! Im super excited...

6. dude i wouldnt use hid for flowering im pretty sure those r used for veg get 3500k CFLS or a HPS

7. lol dude an HPS is a type of HID

8. ^^ :cool:

I use HPS all season, I like to mix my HPS with one MH, covers the light spectrum pretty good... my plants seem to like it a lot... It's easy to get the light cycle down...after a few grows you buy a timer..so easy! :) One tip: When you start to put them into flowering, during the dark hours, do not ever go into your grow room, i don't give a dame if a portal to hell opened in there an demons came out.... wait till the lights come back on :p

9. ROTFL...well i wasnt on the floor but i did burst out laughing:laughing:..So I plan to have a mini SOG...My closet is 8'0"ft high, 6'5"wide and like 5'8" from the door to the back. Sorry if i explained it wrong will post a pic of it today. I plan on splitting up the closet this weekend to have the mothers and clones on one side 24/24 and the flowering 12/12 on the other side...Now about the drying..Does anyone have an idea or better yet a picture of maybe a cardboard box or wood structure built for the drying stage...as for the hps dont they use more energy than the cfl's

10. ok here are some pics of the space im working with..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. lookin good.im gonna keep a close eye on this thread b/c purple wreck seems to good to miss out on

12. Ok so i was gonna go get my supplies today but then i ran across this site http://www.htgsupply.com/viewproduct.asp?productID=50815

Im thinking should i just spend the 350 and have everything. But i would still need to purchase the fan, exhaust system, pH reader, and other nic nacs...any suggestions about this...so i purchase it?

13. Nice beginner package, I say go for it, if you do get it, show us what the set-up looks like in your space. :hello:

14. htgsuppy.com is a great site! I ordered my set-up from there and the dude on the phone was awesome answering my "discreet" questions...very fast shipping too!!