Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My First COMEDY stand-up act...how you think i did?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by HellsHippie, Jan 19, 2012.

1. My friend missed me introducing myself witch was like 15 seconds of film but i say somthing like...My names stephen lester but most call me hells hippie,either way i have a stoner name.."some think" How stephen a stoner name"...then thats where they start filming give me feed back and lemme know if you think i got what it takes to be a comedian...this is first time ive ever done this..Im just a simple hippie from NC..they was few people there.But i got laughs and it was better then sex...Enjoy leave comments

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhiPAuiQRNQ]Hells Hippie First COMEDY STAND-UP act! - YouTube[/ame]

much love to you guys

Hope you get a laugh and id be nothing without grasscity

2. #2 SnowblindStoner, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012
    Watching now. First!

Hm it was alright! There were some funny things in there! I had some laughs. but some things just... kinda not very funny. I'm being honest bro because I want the best for you! I hope you get some good feedback and do it again!

3. well?...im so axious to know...i had the owner of the club come up to me and tell me that ima go places if i keep at what im doing

4. Good job man! I'd give you some pointers if I knew anything about this stuff, but I've never done stand up before. (thought I'm a huge fan of stand up comedy)
    I wish someday I will have the courage to go on stage though. :D you rock!

5. #5 SnowblindStoner, Jan 19, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2012

Check my edit :) I really laughed at the belt buckle thing when you said you sounded like an old western guy. That was pretty funny. Most of the stuff was pretty funny!! Please get some new material and do it again!! I'd love to see more! And maybe you could post a video before you go on stage so we could give you some pointers? We want the best for you, bro.

And also, at some times it seemed a little preachy. Like the water into weed thing kinda got a little preachy, and less funny. That's just my opinion, don't be offended! Again I just want the best for you.

6. I think that yes you do have some potential for stand up. You will have to get use to being more comfortable with the crowd and getting the right tempo down. Your jokes were decent but could have been a little better executed. What I mean is that you need to make them kinda flow together better. You'll get there. I'd say kept going for it if this is your dream.

7. i thout it was prety funy but you talk to much about weed lol

8. i saw it on my youtube and it was awesome dude! i'm not gonna lie to you and say it was perfect and everything but it was awesome for your first time man!

i laughed throughout the whole thing haha

only thing i can think of is don't stay on weed for too long. hit lots of subjects.

9. by the time i got on stage i was to drunk to styay facused like i do in videos...and im on stage infront abuncha people i dont know for the first time and all eyes on me..and i hafta make um feel like im there friends...for a first timer i think ill only get better from here....watching myself on stage is helping me with next weeks routine....i was imroving pretty much dude...i had nothing planned i just wanted to be myself...im kjill at next weeks show...sorry you didnt like it...but not everyone is into this type humor...much love

10. sorry but i was lil drunk and free style improving...i figure if i can make people laugh without preparing and just freestyling that next week my writin shit will kill...and ima stay sober...but the people there and the owner loved me and wanted me back

11. Good luck man!! I love how you think. You just wanna make people laugh, and you succeed. You're a great person and fucking hilarious. Can't wait for next week!!!

And don't think that just because someone offers advice, they didn't like it. It is probably the oposite. They give feedback because they liked parts of it and would love to see it improve!

Peace

12. Well shit, I'd say if was just free style and you didn't prepare the set then you did pretty damn good then.

13. and i read it's a freestyle man?? haha fucking awesome.. maybe we can tour together sometime lol tunes and comedy they go hand in hand!! hahaha

14. yea next week ima try and go again and be not drunk and just stoned and do some material i workt on

15. thats what i need...next time ill be more confrotable and be fully prepared...next weeks video will have yaw laughing even more then this one!...i promise

16. Decent for open-mic...Need more creative jokes though, honestly, it was kind of stale after the first couple of minutes.:cool:

17. tbh i didn't think it was that funny but I did like the part about the western belt buckle hahaha.

I mean, its your first time so you just gotta keep working at it! I remember watching a Dave Chappelle interview and he got booed off stage his first time! Practice makes perfect.

One thing I would say is to work on your execution. Some of the stuff would have been funnier if you just worked on the flow a bit and worked on the timing of the punch lines. Like, I think you should build up to the punchlines a bit more. I hope that makes sense...

18. see i mainly just have stories in my life people find funny it sucks alot didnt like this as much my prison stories..but i just wanna now if i have potential?...i feel i could pursue this and one day prosper from it

19. Actually pretty damn good. I look forward to more stoner comedy.

20. Everyone has potential in comedy, most of them are just unfunny in general...How they move on the stage, literate with expressions, hand gestures. There is more to comedy than just the crackin' of jokes, however, you should really work on going into these shows with a script...Jokes you write down beforehand and recite over and over, some clubs even let you get up with a handful of cue cards. Writing down material helps with a smoother all-around show, the transition isn't forced for the most part and you will be more comfortable on-stage.

Right now you're still a bit rough.:cool: