My First closet grow with 600wt HPS

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by oldtimingman, Jun 6, 2010.

1. So I plan on growing in a closet 3ftx5ft, I have managed to ( on a tight budget) gotten ahold of 2- 600wt HPS lights,some wrap name????It looks like tin foiled bubble wrap,this from a friends old lady( he is not with us anymore) so dont even know what it is really I plan on installing a bathroom,fan and venting it into another closet next to it Any suggestions on type or size to use ?? I am looking into a homemade filter or something similar( First grow is tight) I think initially maybe 3 plants ? can that size fit 3 ,also what should I do lighting wise? i heard about some combo bulb I could use in 1 of my 600s to veg them out? To be simple I have just thought maybe vegging with a 600 18/6 then going 12/12 with the same light what ya think?

2. 600W is plenty for vegging. Use MH for veg if you can. 6500k is the best you can find easily.

Also, veg 24/7. Cannabis is not a variety of plant that requires a dark period for vegetative growth. The plants will simply stretch in the dark period. The first time I switched to 24/7 the plants were OBVIOUSLY significantly denser and came in faster.

3. Oh, and you're going to need to seal your reflectors and vent them with a high-pressure fan. Otherwise your heat will be waaaay out of control in an enclosed space like that.