My first CFL hydroponic grow! NEDD tips and advice PICs of my set up!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by grannygrower, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Hey guys this is my first hydroponic grow and I need lots of tips. Here are some pics of my setup.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Two videos one of the bubles going into homemade net pots.
    View My Video
    View My Video

1. I plan to order net pots but at the moment do you think the roots are getting sufficient oxygen?

2. I don't have a PH meter at the moment but I am ordering one tomorrow any PH meter with an accuracy of .2 or should be fine right? some on ebay only cost 29.99 with that accuracy.

3. Any other meter that I might need to measure water properties?

4. Plant 3 has like wrinkled tips on the leaves and they seem to be white and burned but they never contacted light bulbs what could cause this?

5. Recommended nutrients?

6. How much will this effect light bill with 2 CFL running at an 18/6 schedule everyday all day?

2. sry i dont have answers, but thats a really cool setup, do you have a guide on how you did it because it looks really good and i wanna try that

3. Ok here's my advice to you get a 20$ 150 watt hps from www.e-conolight.com bcuz those cfls aint going to be enough light keep the cfls and use them in addition to the hps because I've done a cfl grow with about 10 of those bulbs you have and its not even worth the effort or the time unless u r a master grower...

I use fox farm nutes because they are all organic...
    A lot of ppl like advanced nutrients and I hear general hydroponics is pretty good too...

Now for ur air stones scrap tht big air wand and get ur self a bunch of the tiny air stones bcuz in hydro you want to have smaller bubbles @ least thts what I've read...

But your setup looks good except is tht aqaurium gravel ur using for ur medium????

4. ya aquarium rocks whole build is walmart stuff.

5. you should make a guide on how to make a walmart hydro setup.