My First CFL Grow

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RaztaMon, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Hello everybody.

I've tried to grow before and I've had partial success make-shifting a grow room. While the other plants were growing I did a whole bunch of research and devised a grow op in the way I wanted.

Since I don't have a lot of money I needed to come up with an inexpensive way to grow my plants completely organically with CFL's. Growing organically will help grow buds that have better taste and cuts out the costs of high priced chemical fertilizers. I wanted to use the CFL's for a couple reasons; they're very cheap, saves a 1/4 of the energy per wattage, and they stay quite cool.

I'm using Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil with 8 23w (100w equivalent), 6500k CFL bulbs for the majority of vegetation. There are some pictures of what this little grow station looks like and the lights.

For flowering, the plants will be moved into a closet with 16 CFL bulbs: 8 23w (100w equivalent) 2700k CFLs, 4 42w (150w equivalent) 2700k CFLs, and 4 23w (100w equivalent) 6500k CFL's. (No pictures yet).

I'm new to using nutrients but I've come up with a few different ingredients to create a solid fertilizer for the plants in vegetation and flowering. The Ocean Forrest soil states that it has enough nutrients for the first 30 days of growth so I'm not going to add any other nutrients until then. For vegetation I'm going to make a tea with used coffee grounds and fish water for nitrogen, and wood ash for potassium. For flowering I'm using a tea of fish water for some nitrogen, organic bat guano for phosphorus, and wood ash for potassium. I'm not sure what their feeding schedule is going to be just yet though.

But so far that's the plan. I'm going to germinate some seeds and see how this all works out.

Attached Files: