My first CFL grow - 13 days

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by SRH_DGAF, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Hi all,

I've been reading and watching and researching for months, but wanted to try something completly low budget, low yield, and experience my first ever harvest for my own pleasure. Although, can't resist the temptation to post here and get opinions and advice from those who have done much more than me. Please offer any advice or opinions you may have, all is appreciated.

2 x 26W CFL(75 equivalants)
    1X42w CFL(150 evuivalant)

Started with twelve seedlings all sprouted, but due to stretching and paranoia, I'm down to 2. =/. Trying to stay low scale, low budget, low smell, low yield, but enjoy the fruits of my labor and learn in the process.

Help if you can =)

Attached Files:

2. Big no no planting two plants in the same pot.

Peat pots will also mess with the pH so its not good to keep them during transplant.

3. I've read and understand the problem with two plants in one pot, but I was not confident in trying to transplant them into seperate pots yet. Do any of you feel this is a good idea at this point? Even into two small containers(1/2 gallon milk containers halfed?). Again, I'm not going for a large yield, just want to experiment and get anyyyything, I'm sure it will be better than most of the commercial here.

4. Well, I would just start looking up how long it takes for the plant's roots to really start.

Then you will know what kind of time line you have until they are to a point where they could get tangled, and if you have a male and female and they tangle.....Eek.

5. im reaching the end of my first grow using CFLs
    and its been a long journey
    the CFLs grow slow

but i still won't say its a bad idea for a first grow
    to learn the ropes

good luck :smoke: