My First Cali Indoor!

Discussion in 'Bud Shots' started by Gnarkotics, Dec 10, 2012.

1. My first medicinal garden, and the time is finally here! Ladies are going into the dark for a few days before the chop, and decided to document from here on out. Here are the details for the first crop:

Lighting- 6x adjustable 600-1000w HPS
    A/C- 2x Haier Commercial Cool Air Conditioner
    Growing Medium- Soil mixed with coconut husk and Perilight in 3'x4' tubs
    Strains- Pineapple Express and Grand Daddy Purps from clone, 6 per tub
    Feeds- 800-1200PPM depending on maturity of the plant, pH'd to 6.3
    Nutrients- Botanicare and General Hydroponics with home-made sweet

The room just before the final lights out-

[​IMG]

The Pineapple Express-

[​IMG]

The GDP 3 weeks ago (lights are already out and this is the best pic i had)-

[​IMG]

Feel free to ask questions! Will update with yield and bud shots soon. Sorry about picture quality, anyone have suggestions for good pics under HPS?

2. Nice setup! So sexy, I moved to California about 6 months ago and I'm working on getting my card by the end of this month. Few questions if you don't mind.

Is this still legal with the amount of plants?
    Start from seed or clone?

Thanks and good luck

3. #3 Gnarkotics, Dec 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2012
    Thanks! It depends on the county you live in, they have different ordinances as to how much you are allowed to possess and the number of plants you are able to grow. California state law is 6 plants per person, but some counties allow up to 99 plants per script. Some people also grow as caretakers for other patients who do not have the ability to grow their own medicine. And feds are always a threat so just keep your paperwork in order. Prior medical records are also very helpful.
    These plants are all from clone.

4. Maaaan! I wanna grow some GDP but everyone is sold out!:(

5. Holy shit, I would cum every time I walk into that room. Do you ever just go and chill in there and watch your plants?

6. Nice man...yup gtta love cali

7. I probably spend 2+ hours in there every day just watching them grow and taking off yellows. This room has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. The fact that it has become a reality blows my mind every day!

8. [quote name='"Gnarkotics"']I probably spend 2+ hours in there every day just watching them grow and taking off yellows. This room has been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember. The fact that it has become a reality blows my mind every day![/quote]

I do the same with my little closet grow. How long have you been growing? I'm young and hope I'm able to keep my hobby forever!

9. Well, the girls are hanging. A few branches that I harvested early are trimmed up and dried! The Fruits of my Labor-

The Pineapple Express

[​IMG]

Close-Up PX

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Grand Daddy Purps is sooo photogenic!

[​IMG]

Close up GDP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you look closely there is a tiny spider posted up with something wound up in its web!

[​IMG]

10. Mites :( ouch.... Great looking flowers though :smoke:

11. Is it a spider or spider mite?
    Wow way to jump into the hobby.....
    Whats was the electric bill like, and do you smoke all that by yourself?

12. Now the question we must ask ourselves is Is it OK to smoke those lil buggers?
    anyone

13. Yeah we did have a few spider mites sneak in with about 2 weeks left on 12/12. My guess is that if you smoke a lot of buds, especially outdoor, you have smoked mites before without knowing it. I doubt it's overly harmful to you tho, however gross it may sound.

14. I've been growing for about 3 years. It is an amazing hobby to have, very therapeutic in my opinion. Walking into a room to see all these beautiful girls waving at you brightens your mood instantly!

15. I hear you there!!! I remember I was reading an article explaining that plants speak using pulses some how emitted by their roots. Having that said though, creates even more questions then good haha, yet at least we know plants do communicate with other plants. Some of us might be able to pick up on these queues. Which could possibly explain the feeling of a better mood and or are limited to a better happier growing plant(s).

16. [quote name='"Gnarkotics"']

I've been growing for about 3 years. It is an amazing hobby to have, very therapeutic in my opinion. Walking into a room to see all these beautiful girls waving at you brightens your mood instantly![/quote]

Have you ever grown in a apartment? If so do you have any tips?

17. #20 Gnarkotics, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2012
    I try to not smoke all by myself if i can help it lol :rolleyes:
    Honestly tho, I have a few others patients that i provide for, who also help out with the electric bill. If I am coming out with over a pound a light, I figure that is pretty solid. It is being trimmed right now, so should have a yield soon.

I have done one cycle when I first started in an apartment. Same rules apply as growing anywhere really. Need to watch out for light leaks and the fewer people who know about your grow the better. Biggest issue is ventilation and trying to not smell up the whole building. If you are in a medical state it isn't so much an issue with the law, but people trying to rip you off. That being said, I would suggest using some carbon dioxide in your small space. Tanks are cheap enough to buy and can really improve the growth of your plant. Also look into a 'sea of green' or SCROG style of growing to optimize your yield in small spaces. I tend to train my plants as they grow, topping them and tying branches at angles to increase the number of tops, which increases yield. About a week into my flowering cycle I trim up the entire bottom of the plant and any nodes which are obviously not going to yield much. This not only allows the plant to focus more of it's energy on the dense top nugs, but also helps out with air flow.

I am thinking about starting a new indoor thread to go into more detail about my growing styles, probably in a grow journal soon. I have the next round of clones going, a few different strains to choose from...maybe i'll get that journal going and you guys can help me choose from the 8 I have?