My First Bong! and some questions.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by enteringsandman, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I got my first bong. Its green with blue, yellow and red stripes and spots. In the right light it has a chrome look to the glass. but i have a question, i bought this used and i need a new downstem but im not really sure how to go about it with this bong, it looks different. ill put up pics hopefully you guys can help me get this bong right again.

Attached Files:

2. if you look at the last pic, the part where my slide goes in, is just that, it doesnt go in the water, just the stem on the slider does. that piece is also cracked so i want to replace it with a downstem, is that possible?

3. nobody can help me with this? im new to bongs!

4. throw that out and buy a new one you cant replace those.

5. The part thats is cracked and you want to replace is called a downstem. All you have to do is get one the same size, length and diameter. I haven't used a non glass-on-glass bong in forever so the two sizes escaped me. I've seen people bring pieces into local headshops when they had no clue what to ask for, though I would never advise bringing a used piece around with you.

6. Sure ya can. Go to your LHS. Its just a 9mm down stem.

Dr. J

7. Yes you can.

That's a grommet bong, OP, so you'll want to look for grommet bong pieces which can be a little harder to find these days but should still be available.

I can't remember what sizes grommet downstems come in, but you'll want to measure yours in millimeters to make sure you're getting the right size (they should only come in two sizes though, so round to the closest one). Also stick something like a pencil down it in and measure the length to make sure you don't get something too long.

8. you can but they're probably half the price of that bong

9. I guess if you're shopping at a shitty head shop... Around here, grommet downstems and bowls aren't any more expensive than glass on glass downstems and bowls.

10. Thanks guys! yeah im going to look around online or if i have to go to my LHS to look for one but i dont think i would have it in me to bring it somewhere. lol

11. can i use a GonG downstem for it? cause that would be double positive for me.