My first attempt at growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by kah, Mar 21, 2009.

1. Hello Grasscity!

This is my first post and would like to say I'm happy to be a part of the Grasscity community. So, I've been a smoker for about 5 years now, and today was the start of my first grow ever! Much excitement for me as well as my friend who's giving me a hand. I germinated 2 seeds that came off of some middy buds I got a few weeks ago. I know how important genetics and strains are with respect to output and quality, but this is just a test, I'm neither expecting anything good nor bad. As you might already know, today is the first day of spring, so it is a bit early to plant, however I'm giving it a shot. I put 2 seeds in a pot about 1 foot in diameter. I've done some reading on soil and I used bloodmeal as the soil for its germination. I know bonemeal is the preferred soil for the vegitative state but I didn't feel like returning it. I placed half a 1 liter pepsi bottle over one seed and left the other exposed to the elements. Both cracked the initial root almost simultaneosly. So as sort of an experiment I will see how they do considering it is early. I'm wishing my babies luck and hope to see at least 1 make it.

EHP
    OUT

2. Good luck! :D

3. Blood meal should be higher in N than bone meal so you got it right, not sure if you want to germ with those, mainly veg with blood meal and flower with bone meal. Good luck!