My Final Grow Report

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Pumpkin Man, May 22, 2013.

1. Hi Folks:

Well, the harvest is in, and I didn't do quite as good as expected, but I did come away with some very good smoke.  I ended up with a total of 2.5 ounces of THC Bomb, and about an ounce, give or take of Sour Deisel.  I don't have a scale, so I don't know the exact measurments.  I didn't think 3 ounces was worthy of taking a photo of.  Besides, most of it's been smoked anyway. 

Over all, I would say that 3.5 ounces is NOT BAD FOR A FIRST TIME GROW.  However, I am going to be doing things differently for my next grow.  I have 5 White Widdow seeds, and 5 Black jack seeds, and I am going to start the next grow a week from Friday.  I have to buy some chain to hang my other two grow lights, some potting soil and some earh worm castings before I can begin, but things are going to be a lot different.

1.  I will only be using the T5 lighting fixtures with the blue tubes for everything to the seadling stage and through the entire vegitative stage. 

2.  I am going to germinate the seads using good research on how to germinate them properly, instead of just putting them in a Pete Pellet and hoping for the best. 

3.  3 gallen flower pots, that are DEEPER rather then WIDER. 

4.  A better watering and fertilizing regiment.  I'll only use the Alaske brand fert, Ocean Farm potting soil, earth worm castings, and do everything according to instructions.

5.  During the vegitative stage, spray the leaves with a fine mist of water to keep everything humid.  It will be Summer, and I can turn my airconditioning down and leave my back door opened during the daytime when I'm home so some of that Summer heat and humidity can help my plants vegitate.

6.  When the flowering stage begins, I will be using the red T5 tubes, 12 and 12 for the first 6 or so weeks, and then the very last week, 8 hours on, and 16 hours off to enhance the development of THC.

7.  At least a week for curing when the buds are harvesting.

8.  Most important:  NO SAMPLING.  I can't help but to think that the weed I sampled a few weeks back would be 3 or 4 times as big by now if I had just held my pants on for a few more weeks.

Of course, I will be keeping a grow journal, from germination to harvest right here on Grasscity.com complete with pictures.

The Pumpkin Man

2. You don't need the humidity. During the summer air conditioning is your friend.

3. Sounds like you are ready :D

4. Well done for getting your 1st 1 done m8 :metal: you would have learned so much nd wont even know u have with half ov it, yield isnt as important when you first start . I would take one nice plant over 10 week ass plants all day long. If you you can get the quality right yields will follow not long after . best ov luck with number 2 onwards nd upwards .KP. :smoking: