my females have produced seeds, why

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by millhouse86, May 30, 2012.

1. Hi all iv just harvested my firs grow OBVIOSELY sonata gone wrong, why have my plants now got seeds and will they still be smokeable

2. Somewhere down the line a male plants pollen came in contact with your plant.

You can still smoke the buds but obviously not the seeds.

There is also a chance your plant it a hermi and pollinated itself.

3. I'd say it hermied on you. Wipe your grow area down real good, the pollen can stay around and mess with your next grow or two, or so I've heard.

4. can someone tell me if its ok to grow under a 100w bulb

5. ive heard of this happening any idea what causes it?

6. can you tell me if my plants will stay growing alright under a 100w bulb

7. [quote name='"frefre23"']can you tell me if my plants will stay growing alright under a 100w bulb[/quote]

New guy! This is called "jacking" someone elses thread, it's rude and intrusive! Start your own but first read and research the info thats out there.

8. Get your own thread...

9. Hey guys cheers for your replies, glad it'd still usable :), they must ob hermed then because once upon a time they were all male, will b giving area a good clean down, is there any reason to why or how they hermied so I can avoid it next time

10. Well besides pollen coming into contact with your lady, I hear stress can turn females into Hermi's. But I can't say for your's. But non the less, You get more Seeds for your next grow and some bud :D

11. The longer your plants stay virgins, the more likely they are to go hermie. Yours likely popped a "nanner" or two and you got seeds!

And yes, it is quite smokable! :smoke:

You need to dry out your bud until it is bone dry. Then get out that big old wire mesh strainer from the kitchen and a fair-sized bowl. Then just rub your cannabis through the strainer. All the seeds and stems will stay in the strainer, while nicely flaked pot falls through to the waiting bowl! :D

Bag it up, then add a few drops of water to re-hydrate it for smoking! :smoke:

We used to do this in the 60s and 70s when most pot had seeds!

Granny :wave:

12. @ OP sorryz for this

hows about you AT LEAST READ ONE OF THE GODDAMN STICKIES !!!!

13. Sounds Interesting. Great technique!
    Will the sieveing process not damage trichomes on the bud though?

14. Just found a god damd hermie today. So pissed. Found like four and they were open. But I'm hoping the density of the plant help keep it inside this particular plant

15. Best bet is to get it out of there pollen is like dust it can go anywhere and if you have on fans for circulation it's gunna get the rest of em pollenated..

16. Wait a minute, once upon a time they were ALL male? If that was not a typo, there's your answer. One of them was a female or you wouldn't have any beans.
    Plants hermie for all sorts of reasons - erratic light (dark period) cycle, stress (playing rap music, insects, temperature, etc.).
    Hard to say more without more info.

17. Storm Crow, you're making me reminisce ... Jamaican, Oaxacan, Michoacan... I remember when Colombian first hit the states, finally had some consistency without waiting and waiting for the good stuff from our brown friends south of the border.

Not to jack the thread, but you brought back some really big smiles, thanks.

18. [quote name='"Olde School"']

Wait a minute, once upon a time they were ALL male? If that was not a typo, there's your answer. One of them was a female or you wouldn't have any beans.
    Plants hermie for all sorts of reasons - erratic light (dark period) cycle, stress (playing rap music, insects, temperature, etc.).
    Hard to say more without more info.[/quote]

Lol sorry I never noticed that, yes its a typo ment femails, all four ov my lady's have hermed been a ball ache clearing the seeds,

19. S#it, Man, was gonna click "Like" but then I thought that would suck.
    I know it's a crap shoot if the hermie was in the genetics, but if something else caused it, and you can find some beans in the plant(s) that DIDN'T hermie, you got some free feminized beans for future sake.
    I accidentally created a cross like this once that was better than both of the strains it came from - as strong as the bad ass one, as big & heavy as the pretty one .... SWWWEEEEET!!! I think I've still got some beans left over from that one.
    Sometime shit DOESN'T happen!

20. Lol I think you meant female lol:p