My females got pollinated!

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by DONTtouchOPRAH, Aug 26, 2011.

1. #1 DONTtouchOPRAH, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
    So I have been taking my sweet time starting my plants indoors even under CFLs for a few weeks before I came home and planted them in a secluded area________of all places! Anywho, they started flowering about 4 weeks ago and I check on them today and they're totally producing seeds like a mofo. I'm guessing some pollen from some ditch weed got brought with the wind to where they are, even though they are blocked off from wind from the north, south, and east. So my question would be is this bud going to be smokable even though it is going to be tainted with male ditch weed pollen? or is the THC content going to be miniscule now because of it? ANY AND ALL RESPONSES WELCOME!

2. Ya im not sure where you live in the country but over here in florida the buds that get pollinated by male plants is cool its just known as mids or swag(not saying the your ignorant to marijuana strains, types, cultivation, or dont know what mid grade is. Im jus saying that yes i would still def burn it just pull the seeds and roll a fattie my opion. Sorry if that dont help

3. ^I wouldn't call it shwag. Definitely mids. Shwag is more like shitty mexican brick weed.

Grown right, you'll end up with some pretty good middie buds.

4. I thought it will be good weed just has seeds now. I don't see how pollen would effect the THC content???

5. More energy goes into seed production, less goes into bud and thc production. The bud itself is probably still dank. But when you weigh out a gram of it, 30-40% of that weight is seed.

6. Wow really? So even if it was ditch weed, hardly any THC content, the bud will still be pretty dank or at least smokable? That's absolutely awesome news. This is my first outdoor grow, although my only indoor grow was these babies as well! haha. I do know what schwag and mids is, i was just really trying to avoid ever buying or smoking them again, I guess I'll make do since I don't really have a choice now.

7. Haha yea true i feel ya there all these replys are pretty dead on man if you live in a legalized statethen jus smoke it or some thing if its not a legal state den sell dat shit ***** hhaha lol happy grownin to ya buddy and i am a first time grower aswell so ya. I k ow it will work out for ya

8. Yup, the seeds will have mixed genetics between the female and the ditch weed, so they're pretty much useless. Your female will produce the same THC as if it was pollinated by some northern lights.

9. Let's see a picture.

10. #10 DONTtouchOPRAH, Aug 26, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2011
    I'll snap a few pictures of the buds with the forming seeds later today _____. I'd also be anxious to hear what you guys n gals have to say about my plant growth and what not. For a little background on the plants, there are two of them, one is like 4 and 1/2 feet with more sativa like leaves and the other one is a little taller than 3 feet with indica like leaves. They get good sunlight in a tucked away area, mostly shaded sunlight however. Ahhh I'll just post some pics when I get em later and see what you think, maybe more details then.

11. Here are my baby girls i pulled 3 males and have 5 females these plants are from seed and probably aome of the worst herb ive ever seen or smoked

Attached Files:

12. But they smell very fruity

13. Well I have the pictures to share but every time I attempt to upload them it says problem loading page, so i dont know what else to do.

14. Alright so I figured it out, easy enough! And the first 3 pictures are of my larger lady, more sativa dominant leaves and the last 3 pictures are of my smaller less developed lady with more indica dominant leaves.

Attached Files: