My Favorite Monocot

Discussion in 'Organic Grow Journals' started by (~Dodger~), Nov 11, 2015.

1. Well In a few weeks you'll have to let me know. She finished with a super citrus-y smell, but I couldn't name it until chop. The wife says it smells like licorice though lol. Yuck and no it doesnt. ;)

• Like Like x 3
  2. #802 HappyFarmer, Aug 15, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2016
    Mine smells like the grands so far..

Also, greasy like you are saying. Oily etc..
    I will snap an exclusive on her tonight :)

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 1
  3. Great, can't wait bro. The odor didn't become definite until I chopped, it was a very dynamic range .. alot like the GB

• Like Like x 1
  4. Here is my Gibs.
    Not omg frosty but, getting some shine. Also filling out really nice.

Won't know till after harvest. Like you said, a light can really lighten up them trichs. But, looking decent to me.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Happy Farms

• Like Like x 2
  5. Looking damn good Happy! How much longer ya thinkin?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thanks Snacks.

She has at least another 20 days to go. Maybe a bit longer. Def going to go the longest of everything in the closet. I don't forsee many fans left on her when chop day comes lol

@ Dodge

There is gonna be some variance in all these Gibs. There has to be some serious winners in them though. GDP x Bubbleliscious X DP Blueberry.
    Regardless, it will all smoke just fine haha.

My outdoor ladies are Gibs too, I am curious to see how they look at the end. Its been a few weeks since I went out and gandered on them. Should be starting to flower at this point.

• Like Like x 2
  7. With 3 weeks left those are going to be some fat nugs they already look beefy

• Like Like x 2
  8. Yea grandma's look to be early week 3 of flower, I'm guessing last week of September her GB will be ready, who knows on her Sativa jungle tho lol. Honestly as far as the gib flower time goes, I've been watching her close the last 15 days (mid week 9 right now) and very little has happened since 8 weeks. Gib could go 11 I'd say but it's a cycle. By 8 full weeks she had 75% Brown hairs. Now at week nine she's foxtail ing and threw out a ton of fresh white pistils. You can chase that all day. And your def has more trich than mine, I think your light is just better for trich productions more blues tend to produce a Frontier plant in my experience and my hps is pretty yellow but your like a full natural daylight. Could be a pheno thing thin your tops definitely got alot fatter where mine are longer and more slender. I see alot of the favorable blueberry quality in the buzz for sure. No munch and no paranoia either so that is a huge score in my book. Can we say daytime smoke!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Just put my beans in paper towels gentleman.

The lineup Dinafem Blue Widow, HSO Blueberry Headband and TH Seeds Burmese Kush and US again.

Going to be doing malted barley teas as well as compost teas also putting Aloe and coconut water in the mix this time.

Time to test a summers worth of preparation fingers crossed guys.

• Like Like x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Don't forget the kelp I've never seen such amazing secondary branches as the ones those kelp hormones stimulate. No joke man find ya some kelp and top dress a tablespoon every week you won't regret it.
    And good timing, I'll be soaking my beans come Sunday evening let's do this! Excited to see this headband and if this next ultra sour can compete with the last one!

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have kelp mixed in the soil and I've been using it in my teas all summer in my veggie gardens and I have had great results so I figured I'd continue with that brew.

Would you still topdress on top of that or are you beating a dead horse at that point ?

I've been wanting to pop that Headband for a while just never could get it into a rotation.

I'm excited to see how different the US and BK are this time now that I'm completely "off the bottle" lol

After this run I'll make adjustments if need be and then I'm growing for flavor!!

I have 2 Delicious Seeds Cotton Candy, 1 Caramelo and G13 labs Cheese on deck.

• Like Like x 1
  12. I think as long as your doing at least a tea your getting the beneficial aspect. I add it to the top for worm food more than anything.
    I'm stoked to see the organic transformation!

13. Everybody came down today and my snips were not enough to do the deed. My serrated knife was not capable of sawing thru the stem. I actually had to go get a small hand saw for pruning to finish the job lol. Stems the size of 50 cent pieces and the roots actually filled out the whole 20g container I was quite impressed! Did not grab any pics because I was pretty busy cleaning up my Mess but these girls were heavy! They're hanging now and I'll update in about a week with final numbers. Happy Tuesday!

• Like Like x 3
  14. Time to invest in a chainsaw now that you growing trees bro.

I suppose it couldn't hurt to topdress with kelp as well.

We just had a microbrewery open down the street I already hit them up to see if I can get my hands on their spent grain.

I figured the worm bins will love it once it cools down a bit I could topdress with some of that as well.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Are your worms thriving by feeding them actual food stuff? I got a bad "beneficial mite" infestation that killed off all my worms and I've changed my approach to the bin.
    The compost I made this summer will be fed thru the worm bin and that is where I will be getting my bin inputs now. Next year the bins will have castings for me made from compost and I start a new pile. A mixture of castings and compost will become my humus component. Im gonna be doing something like no-till but I will be adding compost and VC back into the mix with each cycle rather than depending on the top dresses to break down and fully supply the soil.

• Like Like x 1
  16. My bins have been thriving!! I'm getting ready to split both bins into 2 more bins before winter hits.

We started with 30,000 and knowing what that looks like in a bucket I'd say we are around300,000+ no problem.

I don't feed just food material I also feed composted horse poo along with sprinkling in kelp and alfalfa meal from time to time.

Sourcing enough waste material is becoming a problem with all these mouths to feed.

• Like Like x 3
  17. That's awesome man! And seriously, That's an ass load of worms bro holy crap. Glad you got your game on point, although I like the set it in a corner simplicity of my totes, that flow thru system you have is pretty badass!
    As part of my retooling for the worm bin, I think I'm gonna reuse my old 7 gal smarties and fill them with compost and set the worms at it in them. Then set the smart pot into the tote. Everything has to be compartmentalized for me lol. I think that will allow greater airflow and drainage for the worms and that way I don't have just open pots sitting around either, can't wait to try it out

18. Hey thanks for the crab meal info over on Happys thread I've read that before but ya know short term memory loss over here.

Sounds like a solid plan for your worms but seriously if you can get your hands on some composted horse poo add it in there.

Our worm population took off once I added it to our routine seriously i had cocoons everywhere about a month after we started adding it.

Must be some good shit lmao

• Like Like x 2
  19. I actually exactly used composted horse poo. I got 2 totes of it from a coworker and most went into by compost pile but I mixed a fair amount in with my "bedding" (another thing I'm not doing anymore) and started adding my veggie scraps. Cucumber peels gave me some nasty mites as far another doings i can tell. I even washed em!
    My compost base is shredded oak and ash leaves. To get that initial burn I save my first few mowings from the yard and hydrate a bag of alfalfa pellets. I layer the leaves grass and alfalfa. It stayed hot for about 2 weeks in the spring I turned it and it heated again. Then I added the manure. Throughout the summer we have been dumping veggie scraps, coffee grounds, eggshells, and water hyacinth (a dynamic accumulator :) ) from the koi pond into the pile. As fall sets in I'm gonna get one more bag of alfalfa and layer again to let everything get nice and hot then that pile will partially become worm food and the rest will age for next year's run. The leaves that fall this autumn will again be the base for my pile next year. I do amend the pile when I first fire it up with kelp, azomite, and espoma garden tone to add some microbial life.
    Long story short, lol, this stuff is becoming pretty fascinating to me man, I love how organics works all this stuff into one total package that just damn works so Good. It's like the master plan!
    ;)

• Like Like x 2