My favorite joke.

Discussion in 'Grasscity Forum Humor' started by nascarfan, Apr 7, 2014.

1. So a huge storm blows into Vatican City and damages a priceless Cathedral. The Catholics are in mourning for it. The Pope, unable to see his people so sad, calls in a world famous architect to assess the damage and fix it, if possible. The architect takes a red eye to the city, with the promise of a large payday.

When he arrives The Pope greets him, and shows him the Cathedral. The architect tells The Pope that he needs time to asses the damage and plan the reconstruction. So The Pope leaves him to it, feeling hopeful about the situation.

The next day the architect meets with The Pope to discuss the Cathedral. He tells The Pope "I'm sorry, there's just nothing I can do." The Pope is highly upset with this, as the Cathedral is such a treasure to the Catholic people. "Is the damage really that bad? Is there truly nothing you can do" he asks? "Oh no," the architect replies "the structural damage is cosmetic at best, that's not the problem, but I simply can't fix it."

The Pope is so confuses, so he tells the architect "I don't understand, if it can be fixed, why can't you do it?" To which the architect replies "well you see, the problem is that it's a Gothic Cathedral." The Pope, still confused, replies "What? What's that got to do with anything?"

"Well," says the architect, "like I said, it's a Gothic church, and you know what the say. If it's not Baroque, don't fix it!"

2. Oh god I crack myself up.

3. I don't get it. .. explain

4. *Sigh* Gothic and Baroque are different types of really old European architecture. When you say it, Baroque sounds a lot like broke.

5. #6 Iknuksohgong, Apr 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2014
    was high as shit when I saw this and I was hella confused.

I come back sober and im still hella confused

Edit: just saw your comment

6. I guess that makes two of us that gets it. 

7. Good one :laughing:

Glad I'm not the only closeted genius

8. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Baroque is a style, if its not broke dont fix it is a saying. The cathedral was gothic not baroque. Dont worry guys it wasnt that funny. :hide: