My favorite hobby besides Marijuana.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by zombiefreek, Sep 10, 2012.

1. #1 zombiefreek, Sep 10, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2012
    Ball Pythons!!!

I love them so much! They are truly the best pet ever lol.

I know thats pretty biased but I can say that since I have or have had almost every pet possible lol. I was a huge animal person growing up and defiantly still am. I have 1 dog, 1 cat, 1 bird, 1 rat, 1 lizard and 5 BP's (bp = ball python)

Anyways I love snakes. Especially BP's they are calm, docile, amazing looking, come in 1000+ colour morphs and are super easy to care for.

I have 5 right now. Their colour morphs are Normal, Pastel, Piebald, Cinnamon and Pinstripe.

Here are their names, morphs and pictures!!!

First is my Male piebald Cthulhu :

[​IMG][​IMG]

Male Pinstripe Odin :

[​IMG]

Female Cinnamon Calypso :

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Female Normal Freyja (she recently had a bad shed and her whole entire shed stuck to her body but its now all off except her head):

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Lastly my very first ball python and my biggest is Female Pastel Pandora :

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Thats all of them! I love them all so much.

Please no rude comments, trolls or haters.

I love these snakes like my children. I dont go around saying your kid is ugly and disgusting so I expect you to hold the hate and move along please.

Thanks for looking everyone!!!

2. Why's that one half white in some parts? Fucking sick!

3. mine is bushcraft, like what you see them do on dual survival. Also ive been thinking of getting a corn snake but those pythons look awsome! How are they in terms of temper? because im brand new to snake keeping =D

4. Snakes can be great pets, I had a 4' Boa when I was a teenager.

5. Yah man! Cthulhu is my favorite looking. Thats just how his colour is lol. Some piebalds can be almost pure white and some barely any white to no white at all.

Ball pythons! I had a corn snake and got rid of him. He was WAY to bitey. I mean every snake is different just like a dog or cat. So not all corns are bitey just mine was. But Ball pythons are super calm! I take mine out and will have it sit on my lap while I watch tv or around my neck when I am doing stuff around the house!

But dont forget --- NO SMOKING IN THE SAME ROOM AS YOUR SNAKE! --- Snakes are very sensitive to smoke. It will eventually kill them.

6. ohh damn! okay, thanks for the tip haha, with research i hope to learn alotta the do`s and donts

7. ball-pythons.net

do all your research on there. I am a very active member on that forum! Very very helpful people and tons of information!!!

I have my snakes in a snake rack. like this :

[​IMG]

They have 11" Flex watt under one side of the tubs. Flex watt is what they use for heat. I have all the flex watt wired up to one plug and then plugged into a thermostat and that way I can control the temps precisely.

Then I have paper towel for substrate and 1 hide on each side.

Once you get started it is super easy to take care of them. They are super addicting though!! I had 1 in May and got 4 more by june and will have 4-5 this weekend!!

8. Not to be rude, but if you love your snakes why do you hpuse them in such small enclosures with 1 hide? No sticks? :(

9. Yeah i'd have to agree with the post above me... I had a ball python and I know they aren't the smartest creatures in the world but I'm pretty sure living the majority of your life in a warm tupperware container with some paper towels on the bottom sucks pretty bad.

10. That piebald looks amazing

11. I love my ball he's like my little buddy. But I have to agree a lot of ppl say they like snakes and stuff so much but they have so many of them and they just keep then in the racks with a bunch of containers....I spent as much as one person would with 5 snakes and rack on one enclosure trying to make my one snake feel at home as much as he could...you wouldn't put your kids in containers on a rack would you?

12. I'm glad I wasn't the only one thinking this, you can't even see them with those racks

13. duuude! i've wanted a ball python for ages. super cool. :smoking:

14. I like the piebald and the cinnamon! First time around in college one of the profs I worked for was an avid herpetologist. I got to play with his pets.

My other big love is genealogy! I have over 19,000 people in my family tree. :eek: I am determined to find the parents of my GG-grandfather from Alabama! I even have copies of a half dozen of his letters from 1862, just before he died and learned SO much about him! But who were his parents? :confused:

Granny :wave:

15. Your snakes are beautiful!