Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Father is Dying...

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by ChrissyTAM, Oct 7, 2016.

1. So I just started this account hoping to find some answers for my dad. He is a type 1 diabetic and his kidney is close to failure (20% usage of kidney), he has scoliosis of the spine, and a defibrillator (like a pace maker). He is unable to move around too much due to the pain in his back as well as feet, which it makes it hard for him to loose weight so instead he is gaining which is causing the health issues to increase. I heard hemp oil is good for the kidney failure but I'm not 100% if anyone has an experience like this and knows more about what to use, and the strains that would be most helpful please respond asap! Thanks fellow tokers.

• Like Like x 5
  2. *subscribed*

I'm sorry about your dad. Similar issues here so watching for advice.

3. Your father will definitely benefit from hemp oil. My friend lost his due to cancer when he was 16 and it took a big toll on him, good luck and try to stay positive.

4. I can tell you right now that marijuana can help with that pretty decently. Marijuana is a muscle relaxer, and it will reduce the pain he's having as well. Any strain that's indica and CBD dominant would be ideal. As far as kidneys, I don't know, but if nothing else, it will definitely ease his pain and back pain especially.

Anyways, I'm sorry to hear. I hope, by some miracle, everything turns out okay.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ^ Your dad doesnt need to roll up a joint and smoke it either. Vape, tinctures, topicals...you name it and someone has incorporated cannabis into it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. My dad's best friend was a paraplegic, and a grower when he was up an at em. But the docs fucked him up, malpractice an stuff and he lost his kidneys as well, but he swore the bud helped him through most of it and it did when he wasn't on dialysis. Sorry about what your going through homie.

Sent from my XT1585 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I keep on telling my dad that cannabis would help him with his medical issues alot, but he still thinks that weed is the worst drug ever. I think that it would definitely help your dad, especially with pain. All I can say is give it a try.

Sent from my SAMSUNG S7 using Crapatalk

8. I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I'm a type 1 diabetic as well and just dealing with that alone is a huge pain in the ass so I can't imagine what it would be like to suffer from all the other issues he has. I really hope he gets the help he needs.