Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My family member compared weed to heroin

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jayjangle, Jul 9, 2011.

1. So I was at my cousin's house, and we were talking about weed and sharing our experiences. It was a good conversation until my older (generally a buzz kill at all times) cousin came in, and told us that what we were talking about was 'bad' because marijuana is 'dangerous'. He went on to argue that weed is no better than heroin because it 'ruins lives' and gives a 'similar high'.

He has tried neither of the drugs :| but, he feels entitled to make such an argument.

I have never tried heroin, but I have used various painkillers a lot in the past and I can't even suggest that they are the same as weed...it has been two years since I used them, and I refuse to use anything other than weed at this point.

2. I have an uncle that is worthless, and addicted to heroin(or was, haven't heard from him in forever) but, I can tell that a heroin high is NOTHING like a weed high. Make sure you let your cousin know he is a complete moron.

I can't stand the amount of uneducated people (atleast when it comes to weed) that feel the need to speak on something they know not a damn thing about.

/rant.

3. Sounds like your cousin is another sheep in herd of ignorance. Comparing heroin to weed is like comparing water to fire.

4. Sucks for him, he's the one that's missing out on the fun and joy of marijuana.

5. I really hate that shit when people do that... when an ignorant ass hole thinks he knows everything about the drug and he as no knowledge of it.

6. I agree with all of you, and I kindly told him to 'stfu' like I usually do. We aren't on very good terms, but then again, I have no desire to associate with him. The only reason he was at my cousin's house is because he is his brother and was there before I arrived.

7. How the hell does it 'Ruin Lives'

8. I guess if you smoked so much, every day, that it kept you from working or doing anything needed to be done. But, it's not physically addictive, so I've never had trouble putting it aside to get homework and work done.

9. Your cozion is a moron weed is Nothing like chemicals and I think people r getting a wrong idea about this amazing hurb to use tell him to fuck hun self

10. As many times that I have wanted to call him a dumbass, I have refrained from doing so because it would only make me look like a loud asshole. I'd rather humbly ignore him for the most part and look like the one who knows his shit. He's also the type of guy to listen to country music and bash the rest of us for listening to rap because 'it contributes to gang violence'.

11. ahahahaha, does he know country music contributes to 51% of suicides?

Rap contributes to gang violence hahahhh.

12. this reminds me of when i was in 8th grade! me and some friends were sitting at a table during breakfast and 1 of them calls some emo dude to sit with us. i'm just sitting there high as hell, then i ask him.... "you smoke weed?". he said " WTF HELL NO i don't fuck with that shit.... I DO METH!" i just come out and say "oh yea meth is sssoooo much better than weed is. good job you want a cookie?"

13. Not to mention that country tends to draw homophobic/racist/sexist/unpleasant people in general.

14. Can't GROW your own Heroine !

15. [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Birth-Heroin-Demonization-Dope-Fiend/dp/1559501774]Amazon.com: The Birth of Heroin and the Demonization of the Dope Fiend (9781559501774): th Metzger: Books[/ame]

16. hey now buddy, i listen to country music and im none of thous things, its the people not the things they listen to. yeah sometimes it does give off ideas but only thous who walk with the herd follow ideas

so it should say "homophobic/racist/sexist/unpleasant people in general tends to draw homophobic/racist/sexist/unpleasant people in general."

17. and the weed to heroin thing, like everyone else said hes a dumbass and its a good thing when people are dumb cause then you know who to ignore lol

18. Yeah you can.

19. You're right not to argue with people like that. If you get defensive about your drug of choice, people like that take it as a sign of addiction, and call you an addict. Then it becomes a lose/lose argument, and you end up just wasting your time.

20. #20 Storm Crow, Jul 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2011
    Click that first link in my sig. (or check greenpasssion.org if you don't want him at GC)

Set "Bubba" down in front of the screen. :confused:

Bet him $10 he can't even read all the titles in my List in one sitting! :devious: (420 pages of them! lol!)

Watch his face! :D You may lose the bet, but it should open his eyes! :eek:

Hard to argue when PubMed says things like THC slows lung cancer, etc! [FONT=&quot]"Delta9-Tetrahydrocannabinol inhibits epithelial growth factor-induced lung cancer cell migration in vitro as well as its growth and metastasis in vivo"[/FONT]

The news articles put it even more plainly. "Marijuana Helps to Combat Lung Cancer"! I know he should be able to understand news articles, even if the medical studies are over his head!

Have fun!

Granny :wave: