Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My experience yesterday

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by High I'm Chris, Aug 7, 2006.

1. We'll i've been smoking for roughly three years now, the first two being very moderate use. Only in the last year and half or so have i smoked everyday. Now through this whole time, i have never had even the slightest hallucination. Yesterday was different.

Now recently i've been thinking a lot about schizophrenia and the possibility of someone developing it in their years and how scary it could be for that person. I've been thinking a lot about the links of marijuana to schizophrenia and i never really bought into them. So on to the story.

(this part may or may not be relevent to what i am talking about.) A few nights ago as i was closing my eyes to go to sleep, i saw an outline of jesus or a figure i most probably interpreted as jesus. Now i saw this as my eyes were closed. It looked much like that trick on the internet where you concentrate on the picture and u then close your eyes and see an illusion of jesus. I didnt think much of it at the time and went to bed. No big deal right.

Okay well here's the big chunk of the story. Yesterday I drove out to a fellow board members place to grab some. We smoked a bubbler bowl and then two vape bowls. This was my first vape experience and i was high as shit. So i was driving home, deeply thinking about things and listening to music. I stared to focus on the smuges on my windshield from rain and such.

Now this is the part where i'll get reactions such as bullshit and other things. But this is real, and im scared to be honest. I saw the figure of jesus, somehow in my brain the dots on the window and smuges looked like jesus. I started to focus and i saw colors. Bright colors that formed the figure of jesus. The colors started to move and the figure turned almost into a jesus image out of a cartoon or out of a comic book. It was bright i could still drive, but i was scared. It moved, not closer to me but it was just so vibrant. So after this went away i still wasn't home yet. But i started to panic. Why was this happening? Never in my experience of smoking have i been high enough to imagine something of this magnitute, and i knew it at the time. So i started to worry about early symptoms of schizophrenia. And it was a long rest of the day, because i was scared. Now I really don't know anyone personally who deals with schizophrenia, but i do have a little background in general psych. I really don't know if these symptoms would be that of a schizophrenic because i don't know enough about it.

Now today i'm not as worried, because most likely it was nothing, but i was afraid to post this yesterday because i just wasn't ready. Right now i'm thinking i was just too high for my own good. I have been diagnosed with depression and am on AD's. But anyways sorry for the long post, just thought this would be the best place to share it. I'm about to smoke a blunt, so let's see if these symptom's persist.:smoking:

Cliff: Got high, saw jesus in color, got parinoid and now im frightened :(

2. pcp is bad for j00

3. Yes, i knew this reaction would come at some point in this thread, but this early come on. If i was smoking PCP i wouldn't be worried about the possibility of psychosis. But thanks you for getting the imaturity over with.:)

4. High I'm Christ

hehe

5. dude, mixing anti-depressants and street drugs( yes, even marijuana) will cause some serious reactions to happen within your head. maybe you should go talk to a psychologist; I have taken college level Psyche before, and I think your experience was caused by a chemical-imbalance induced by exposure to sythetic neuro-chemicals. lay off the herb for awhile, and see if the symptoms persist any further

6. I wouldnt worry about schizophrenia. I dont know what the onset would be like for someone getting schizophrenia from mj but I just think you were really high and your mind was thinking very creatively. If you feel the need to talk to me further about this just hit me up.

7. I think its all in your mind, or hopefully it is. When you think about things deeply, they usually will happen. For example, if you THINK about getting in a fight real deeply for a little bit you most likely will endup getting in a fight within the week.

8. Kick ass!, u saw jesus and u freaked? i woulda been like tryin to ask him questions n stuff.. nah but really as some one said before, dont mix anti-depressants and weed. Either stop on the ad's and smoke, or stop smoking with them. I know for a fact, due to an expierence a freind had that ad's and alcho dont mix well, and im sure no other drugs mix well with it also. Just ask you physician if problems presist.

9. I had a crazy high on weed on the weekend just gone...I was watching visualisations on iTunes® and then it started to feel really too real, like it was a window and i was watching things actually happening, it was scary and I started to feel sick. So I went to bed, and listened to my iPod® for a while, and when I was looking at the roof [I was high, remember], I saw visualisations again, rushing at me for like a second or two. I was freaked, but got off to sleep ok.

I think I had that experience just because I had smoked a lot more than usual of my stuff, which is potent anyways.

But if you are worried, just use it as an excuse to go on a tolerance break...it'll be awesome when you get back to it after a few weeks lol.

10. dont mix weed with prescription pills. because it wouldnt have happened from just pot. you cant "trip" on weed ever soo yeah.

11. I understand this. The problem is i've been smoking for THREE yeras and never once experienced anything like this. Nothing could ever come close. And i've been taking AD's my whole life. Again i smoked today, a blunt and like 6 bowls, and nothing. No symptoms of what happend yesterday. I appreciate you're feedback, but i just can't buy the AD theory.

12. many things can explain somethign liek this

you had been thinking deeply about wild things proir to the hullicnating and at the time, that were somehow related to seeing a jesus figure. the state of your mind(mabye alot of thc or jsut very deep thinking) caused your brain to make a jesus figure out of a scattered rain drop with your eyes. the colors could have been light reflecting off the water

13. i take anti-depressants and i haven't had anything like that happen before. i have heard that smoking pot while on anti-depressants causes a different high. if this is true, then i don't think i have ever experienced a high when not on anti-depressants.

14. Let me correct you my friend. You can definetly trip of Cannabis. I have tripped BALLS on weed. Many other people have also tripped of weed. Is it common and easy? No. Can it happen? Hell yes it can.

15. I can say with 100% certainty that I repeatedly experience visual, tactile, and auditory hallucinations from cannabis, w/ no other drugs involved. From the first time I smoked right on through to the present--which is only about a year and a half--hallucinations of varying degrees and intensities have been a part of my experience. And I wouldn't have it any other way!

:smoking:

16. I've been taking anti-depressants (Prozac) and so does my buddy (Paxil) and we havn't noticed anything unusal with using Marijuana and anti-depressants.

The only thing we've figured out that affects our medicine is Alcohol, I get drunk alot faster than I normally did ever since I started taking Prozac daily for months now.