Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

my experience with shingles and MJ (not the pedo)

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by The-Illest, Jun 27, 2009.

1. i recently had a nasty bout of shingles and am still suffering from the following neuralgia
    before falling ill i was attempting to kick cigarettes and was also quitting smoking skunk to help me revise for my exams, i then began to get a seriously bad sore throat and around that same time i found the shingles but had no idea what it was, it wasn't hurting at all at this point, the day after i had a nasty bout of flu, my throat felt like someone had taken a cheesegrater to it :eek:, two days later once i started to feel a little better from the flu symptoms i went to see the doctor about the rash on my chest, he took a short look at the rash and told me that it was shingles, nothing about how i got it or what i should do to cure it, i had to get all the answers myslef it was like drawing blood from a stone :mad: bloody NHS over here in the UK, we may get free healthcare but it shite, i have to wait in line with a bunch of hypochondriacs under the strong impression that they or there child, hubby, cousin twice removed has swine flu only for the VERY nigerian receptionist to shout abuse at them saying that theyve got the flu (and for all i know i had swine flu at this point too, or at least thats what my friends liked to beilive, and make bad jokes about) the doctor gave me an cream antibiotic cream to stop the rash becoming infected, told me that it would go away eventually, and very painfully and that i may need to take some painkillers, still at this point i was not feeling any pain but i heeded his advice, went home took two 200mg capsules of ibuprofen with my dinner, watched some tv and went to bed, the next morining i awoke. THE PAAAIIN ive never felt as bad as i did that morning, in fact it was the first time i cried since i was almost mugged at the start of secondary school, for anyone that has not experienced herpes or shingles the pain is a burning itch, i was also in a daze from having to take a load of night nurse to help me get some sleep, and not only that but your sleeping pattern is totally fucked by shingles because u cant have anything touching the rash and not only that but when you do eventually get to sleep you sleep for a very short time and wake up constantly, not only does shingles FUCKING HURT LIKE HELL !!! it also makes you majorly depressed, ive spoken to both my father and my grandfather who had it really, really bad and still bares the scars ,he said that in his 80 years hes never had an illness that made him feel quite as shit as as shingles, he hasnt had cancer thank god *touchwood* but still hes been through quite a bit, that night after dosing up to the max on OTC painkillers and waking up a little i decided to go and see my friends to cheer me up a little, ended up being the brunt of many, many jokes as my name begins and ends with S so i had people calling me shingle bells and swineless all night (remember this was at the hieght of the bullshit about swine flu) my friend picked up a draw, and bless him, gave me a spliff i went home while they all went to a party, i smoked the joint, aaaah bliss :smoke:, the painkillers dont take away all of the feeling from the shingles, and even my t-shirt rubbing up against the rash hurts like hell, but after smoking that joint, i was in heaven , i slept welll that night, the only time since falling ill, im still having sleeping problems as a result of the shingles, the agony went on for another week or two, i tried to smoke as much skunk as possible and was taking cocodomol and ibuprofen every two hours until the constapation from the cocodomol became too much and i swapped to just paracetamol skunk and ibuprofen until the symptoms subsided

shingles is mostly cause by depression, stress, and when you're body is generally weak, i have a friend whos brother caught it agter having a brain tumor :(. It is a reincaration of the chicken pox virus, which never acually leaves the body it lurks around in your spine in wait for the chance to return as shingles
    neuralgia is which is basically unexplained pain and shingles caused neurolgia comes on in sometimes random flashes of pain but commonly when stressed or depressed, smokin a joint seriously helps with this as it both calms me down and in the long run eases the pain when a bout of neuralgia comes one.
    i have since kicked cigarrettes- thank the lord which has helped with my depression and stress levels and also taken hold of my addiction to skunk, ive gotten back on my bike which has also helped with my overall health

2. by the way it was also my birthday on the day i went to the doctors so that made me all the more happy.......
    NOTT!!