Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My Experience with marijuana and anxiety

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by wick78, Feb 15, 2016.

1. Well first of all I would definitely say i am an experienced smoker, I have been smoking since i was 16 i am now 25. When i first started smoking it was the best thing i ever did lol. It made me feel amazing my head was clear and i was never paranoid or had any anxiety what so ever. But my first year of college that all changed. Instead of being something to help me relax and feel great marijuana did the opposite it intensified my anxiety to the point where i would have to turn all the lights off and lay in bed, I wouldn't call it a panic attack because i never really freaked out so bad where i completely lost it. But the thing about all of this is that i have continued to smoke. I love smoking weed and i kind of just keep trying to be able to smoke and get that euphoric feeling it used to give me. I think it could be because i have more anxiety since i have gotten older and more things to deal with and think about. I've done a lot of research on leafly about strains and their effects and which are best for anxiety and so on. But the bad thing is I live in a small town in Pennsylvania, yea i know one of the worst states to live in for marijuana. So when it comes to different strains I don't have much of a choice. You take what is available and most of the time when they say it is a certain strain i just assume its not because nothing around here is regulated because its still 100% illegal. Lately i have done a lot better and i mean a lot, im kind of almost getting back to completely enjoying being high again. I have learned to simply embrace the feeling and it has worked wonders. I just hope Pennsylvania would approve recreational marijuana use sometime soon because what i have read about the medical bill in pa is a joke you cant smoke it and depression and anxiety are not a condition that's approved. so i don't really get it because we have marinol that has been around and is legal with a presciption. Any way just wanted to share my thoughts with you and get some feedback.

2. A good T break always has brought back the euphoria and relaxing qualities.

I've found that strain and vape temp has a lot to do with how it effects anxiety, depression and stress.

I found that energetic sativas like green crack and strawberry cough are the best for controlling my anxiety.

Indica strains tend to make me feel lazy and generally won't help with anxiety at all. They also fail to produce enough of the much needed euphoria which aids in crushing anxiety.

3. I think the environment in which you are smoking also affects your high. what do you get anxiety about? Like I'll get anxiety before work if I smoke right before work, soo I'd rather not. I smoke when I don't have a duty to complete by a short time frame that day, because then I'll get anxious. Maybe slow down on your smoking so your tolerance is not as high. Also I think smoking the right amount makes a difference. If you smoke a lot at once, it's easier for your heart rate to go up and thus building your anxiety. Sometimes just a couple hits, taking your time while toking, and thinking to yourself positive thoughts when you feel anxious will lessen anxiety.

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum mobile app