My experience with DXM

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Xieon, Aug 13, 2005.

1. Well it all started when my 4 friends and I took a trip to cape cod, we stayed at my friends parents house (maybe a mistake). About half way through the vacation we ran out of weed. The idea to take some DXM was talked about, and we went to the store and bought 3 bottles of robitussion. On the way out from the store we stumbled across a dealer, and also picked up an 8th of killas.

So 2 of my friends and I drank a bottle each (the ones with 15mg per dose). We then smoked, and we tripping hardcore sack. Now, not only were we tripping, but we were in Province Town. Anyone who has been there knows that even a sobber person can have trouble contemplating what goes on in this city, a tripping person well wow. During this trip we stumble into a pharmacy and spend a good 20 minututes checking bottles looking for a DXM only brand. Finally finding one (Tylenol brand), we purchase 3 bottles. A few hours later the trip had fadded, and it wasn't as intense of a trip than I have experienced before, LSD. On the ride home we also got pulled over for speeding, however we were let off.

The next night we down all 3 bottles, and blaze. Only this time we each downed a bottle that was childrens brand, and contained 5mg per dose. We barly felt anything besides the weed, so we disapointed.

The third night is when the troubles really began. We went to the store and bought 3 of the bottles of 15mg we had the first night. We had no weed, so we headed to Providnce town for the last night of the vacation. On the 30 minute ride my two friends and I each took 1 bottle. Upon arriving in the parking lot a man asked us for a coat hanger to break into his car. We didn't have anything like a coat hanger but we stangely had a HUGE machetee in the car, so they took it and opened the car which was a hippie van. Since we helped them they sold us a very large 8th for $60 (normally expensive but this was one of the best buds I've ever smoked).

We headed into town and bought another bottle each and downed the whole one. There are many things that happeneded, but it would be too long to explain all, so I will just talk about the horrors of this trip. About 1 hour after the second bottle I'm tripping sac, can barly walk, see, anything. My one friend is insistant that he's a ghost. We finally head to the car to leave, and this is when things get bad. I get feelings of dying, and am convinced I'm dying. I'm blacking out on and off, and I can't talk, when I do no1 responds.

Someone someone back in my city found out about what was going on, about how bad we were tripping and warned us not to fall asleep, and more than 1 person told us this. So I had to stay up the whole night scared shitless of sleeping, and while tripping it was even more horrible. I got myself into a horrible state of thinking I would die, and going through things in my mind. My face was numb, muscles limb, and it was so hard to move. Luckiliy I had 1 girl in the room with me who stayed up and talked to me, and another very good friend on the phone.

Theres no way I can really explain the whole trip, but even after it I'm horrified by it. To me it was by far the scariest thing ever, I was convinced I was going to die, but in a way that you can't explain. There was actually points I thought I was dead, I sat and thought about what if I didn't wake up, it was a overall horrible experience.

2. Wow. Thats scary. I would never do anything (other than alcohol) that would make you almost die like that.

3. shit i took some dxm the other day... it made me want 2 lay down and sleep, but it was really fun laying there it was like the mission was 2 lay there..haha

4. Just having visited provincetown i dont even wanna imagine some of the horrors facing you during your trip.Its pretty kool how weed was there when you needed it though.Most people would have been dry the whole time.

5. Hahhahahahahahahahahahahaha i cant stop laughing hahahhahahahaha that story hahhahahaha fuck hahahahhaha that's fuckt up dude hahahahaha wtf i have never gone bad on dxm hahahahhaha

Greatings from Holland

6. I was scared shitless, it was such a bad trip for me. It'll be a while before I do that again lol

7. ive had some "bad" trips on dxm before, but they are never actually "bad trips" ya know? sometimes i might convince myself that im dead or something but then im just like, hell yah im dead, im a fucken ghost bitches!

8. I remember once I met my parents at my grandparent's house for a weekend. I am rummaging through some shit and find some percocets. I start taking a few out and the lights turn on and there is my dad. So that was a bad way to start off. Also, he hid the percocets so I couldn't get any :(. Well I stumble across two bottles of cough suppresant that is all DXM. Each bottle is 300 mL and I down both. This was around ten thirty mind you. Well I couldn't fall asleep and I couldn't really do anything considering I was next door to my very sick grandmother, and waking her up would make me feel very guilty, and having to converse in my current state was a very troubling thought. Well I stay up all night watching soaps on abc or something, but it was overall a horrible night. About halfway through the night I started throwing up in the trash can too. It was horrible, and that is what ended my daily DXM habits.

Jah Bless

9. Another good reason why i dont do dxm.sweet mary jane will never make me have a bad time or throw up all nite

10. question. im really stupid. what is DXM or what does it stand for? isnt that just cold and cough suppresant?

Edit: Due to misspelling,

11. Dextromethorphan HBr

I have had a "bad trip" on DXM but it is nothing like having a bad trip on something like LSA. Your senses are dulled on DXM so for me, its harded to freak out and have an emotional trip. On LSA or something like that everything can get to your senses and thats why you can have a bad trip. The only way for a bad trip on DXM is a thought of death or something like that because it is hard to have anxiety attacks and massive paranoia because your so out there.