Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

My experience with ClearChoice Sub-Solution (OCT 2016!!!)

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mr2Happy420, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Did you by chance just use warm water or did you use luke warm water and microwave? I just used warm water that was at like 94 when I put it in the bottle then added the powder. I don'y really see how this would effect anything. The way the directions read is they say luke warm water because of the fact they assume everyone will use the heating powder. Since I didn't use the heating powder I figured warm water would be fine.

2. I used tap water at 78 and heated with a toe warmer and used that to get it up to the right temperature. No heating powder, they didn’t suspect anything, I just worry with the longevity of this stuff to get through testing unsuspected.

3. So I had originally purchased 2 kits of this stuff and so I decided over night to see how the solution would do and it’s been 12 hours and still looks good. Maybe it still holds its qualities for longer idk just to ease the mind a little.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I had a pre-employment drug screen done on Friday (7/6) I used sub solution to substitute my dirty urine. Everything went well I mixed as directed, naturally heated it as much as I could until I got to the testing site then I added a capful of the heat activator and no change so I repeated that step until I reached 94 then placed it back in a nice warm spot and made my way into the clinic. I was given a cup with a thermometer on it and told I had 4 minutes. Went in did the deed, temp registered good and she took the sample and split it into two vials which here sealed and labeled then bagged again to send off I suppose. I looked at the receipt and it said Alere Toxicology labs. Has anyone used sub solution with this lab? And will the little heat activator cause me to potentially fail? I tried not to use very much of it. Pls anyone tell me everything you know about this specific lab pls and thank you!!
    Now I’m crossing my figures!! I have my occupational health appt Wednesday so I guess I’ll find out then!

• Like Like x 1
  5. #265 TalonK, Jul 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2018
    I also had my Pre-Employment Test today, 7 Panel NON - DOT Urine Screen. First I gotta say how much everyone's story helped in guiding my own method, thank you everyone for sharing your experience with this product. And how awesome is it that this post started 2 years ago?

Anyhow, back to my story. I was given a 48 hour notice from the Hiring Company (HireGenics), and was also given the option to choose up to 5 different locations around me to schedule an appointment with.
    The place that I chose was about a 40 minute drive, and was walk-in appointments only. (I knew the area was lowly populated and not dense with traffic).

The technique I practiced (I'm a Male) was to use 3 pairs of compression boxer brief underwear, and slid the bottle halfway through the peephole inside of the pair touching my skin to secure it in place. With the size of the Sub Solution bottle, and wearing Jeans with the 3 pairs of briefs, it was easily concealed and not noticeable at all. I used 3 X Hot Hands Hand Warmers (Opened them 1 hour before leaving to heat to proper temperature). I used strips of gorilla tape to secure the warmers to the bottle. I placed one warmer vertically along the back of the bottle, one horizontally underneath the temperature strip, and one above.

As for the heating solution, I used the same Gorilla tape snugly wrapped around my inner thigh to hold the warming solution bottle (I would suggest shaving this area first, it was actually quite comfortable, except peeling it off). The compression boxers were able to completely cover the tape and further secure the bottle in place.
    The reason I did this was because I was worried the tiny bottle might slip through the underwear and fall out as it did when I tested the method.

I added the Synthetic Compound to 86-88 degree *luke-warm* water filled to the neck, shook it a little, and left at 6:15 A.M. I placed the hand warmer covered bottle in my cup holder, drove 45 minutes to the center, at this point the bottle was reading 100-102 Deg. F. When I got there, I greeted the clerk, signed in, and proceeded to wait another 50 minutes.

When I got called back to submit my sample, I was comfortable, and calm. Talked to the lab tech about the position, and he instructed me to wash my hands, then place my belongings in a locked box (it was inside the bathroom). I was told to fill the cup up to an indicated line, not use sink, and given privacy to do so. Went in, took out the bottle, noticed it was down to 94 Deg F. and removed the heating bottle from my thigh strap and proceeded to add just a little to get it back up to 98 Deg. F. Then I proceeded to just trickle a little out of my own into the toilet, stop, and proceed to fill the Specimen Cup with the bottle of Sub Solution. There was a little leftover so I just poured the rest into the toilet.

Walked out, handed the guy my specimen, he made sure the temp was okay, had me sign several documents, and then sped me on my way out.

So that's it! Hope I can shed some more wisdom to other through my experience, will definitely post again when the employer clears the background check.

**UPDATE** I passed! --> For those worrying about adulterants in a pre-employment NON-DOT urine screen, I definitely used a TSP. of the heating solution in the sub solution kit to warm my sample. Obv, It came back negative!

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR STORIES! KEEP EM COMING!

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. TLDR: Ok well first off I want to thank everyone else in this thread, I have been in school for years to get this particular job and with your direction and support I think I got it.

Alright I don’t smoke often but I happened to get a call back from a job early and it caught me off guard and dirty without time to get clean. I was super freaked out. I got a pack of drug tests off of amazon and tested myself everyday while drinking water and using every other known way to get clean; I was only able to pass two drug tests in a week and even those were very if’e. I knew I wouldn’t pass on my own so I got sub solution. Like many others I tested how to keep the temp right....with two toe warmers stuck to the side and bottom wrapped in a sock and tucked in my compression sliders I was able to keep it at around 102 for roughly two hours. As I’m sure you all know if you have read this thread using the heating powder can trigger as an adulterant so I made sure I didn’t need to use it, since this was not a random drug test but rather a pre-employment screen.

When I got to HR they had me do the urine test right away. I was given a cup with a temp strip on the side and directed to a bathroom where i was able to lock the door alone. From there I took out the bottle from my sliders and unwrapped it from the sock, the temp was over 102 so I dunked the bottom of the bottle in the toilet water just below the temp strip on the sub solution bottle and would take the cap off to air out and with the cap on shake it a bit to mix the temperature quicker, it took about two minutes to get the temp to 98. I then poured it into the specimen cup and the rest in the toilet.

FYI try not to get the hand or toe warmers wet, I did and they balloon up and get much hotter, that made keeping a cool head more difficult with burning pouch’s under my balls lol.

Anyway the nurse tested the temp which read between 90-100 which was perfect and then dipped what looked like a five panned dip test which she said came back clean. She then dumped the rest in the toilet and easy as cake one of the most stressful undertakings of my adult life was over. So I’m pretty sure I got the job and all thanks to you guys and sub solution.... I’ll update once I know, but I’m pretty sure that at least the drug test portion is over.

7. Hey did you pass

8. #268 StartingOverEd, Jul 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    So I assume that if one was to use Sub Solution, that you shouldn’t mention any medications or supplements that you take. For instance I take Metformin for diabetes. I read that it can cause a false positive and show up as Amphetamine or Meth. I’m also a little concerned about being able to match the color of my urine in the toilet to the color of the sample. I know that the toilet water will dilute the color but I’m just really paranoid. I haven’t had a UA in over 20 years and not sure what to expect. I’m starting over in school at 40 and the program I’m in requires a random test. I’d also like to hear from some more folks who have used the heat activator in lieu of the hand/toe warmers. I’m leaning towards the warmers but the heat activating powder seems easier. Any help would be greatly appreciated....

9. The reason I ask about medications or supplements is that if you are taking something that is known to possibly produce a false positive and you submit a perfectly clean sample won’t that raise suspicions?

10. Hi guys,

So I spent the last few days scouting this exact post because I had an upcoming UA drug test for a pre-employment drug screening. I was set on using Clear Choice Sub Solution after reading everyone’s stories, but my test had to be taken by today at 1 and I couldn’t afford the extra money to have it overnight shipped. So, instead I used Quick Fix because a friend of mine who used to work at a local smoke shop told me she recently passed her drug test to get a job at a care facility for the elderly using it.

This is my attempt, like OP, at informing people who may be in a similar situation on my experience with a similar product.

IMPORTANT: I am not advocating that anyone should go to their local smoke shop and buy one of these kits because they could potentially be phonies. The only reason I did was because my friend had previously worked there and knew they got their kits brand new from a reputable seller. They offer them online direct from Spektrum Labs - the creator of it, but like I said, I couldn’t afford the overnight shipping so I’ve put my trust in my friend and did NOT buy direct.

I got word on Tuesday, June 10 that I had until the 13th to schedule my drug test. After I learned I couldn’t afford the overnight shipping, I took my friend up on her suggestion and picked QF up. Cost about $30 and it comes in this black box with a yellow outline - this is their most recent version, 6.2. I’m not sure how different 6.2 really is from 6.1 or if it’s a gimmick to get people to pay more, but I got 6.2 for anyone that’s wondering. The box was also completely sealed in plastic so if you get one and it isn’t then I’d be careful. In the box was a pre-mixed bottle of lab-grade synthetic urine with a temp indicator on it, a heat pack like Hot Hands, a rubber band, squeeze top cap, and an instruction card. THERE IS NO HEAT ACTIVATOR POWDER. I also did not use the squeeze cap, I just unscrewed the cap it came with when the time came. The thing I liked was that on the card there’s a site you can go to to check that the batch number on the box and instruction card is valid and the product is unexpired. Mine was good according to the website.

I went in for my drug test yesterday morning (5 panel non-DOT) and am still awaiting my results. Since I spent pretty much two full nights scouring this post and others, I didn’t conduct any experiments for timing or anything like that and instead followed similar to what others said.

Here’s what I did: the instruction card says to open the heat pack 30-40 minutes before hand, but others have posted about their experiences with hot hands saying they take about an hour to reach max temp so I opened mine about 45-50 minutes before I planned on leaving my house. Next, right before I left I microwaved the bottle (Be sure the cap is off!) for 8 secs. It was only at 96 then and my appt was a 30 minute drive and I didn’t wanna risk it getting too cold. So I microwaved it again for 8 secs. This time it was over 100. The temp strip on the bottle only goes up to 100 so since none of the numbers had the green indicator I knew it was hotter than 100. I called it good and put the cap on and fixed the hot pack to the back of the bottle with the rubber band. I’m a large-chested female so I decided to go with smuggling it in between my boobs while wearing a sports bra. The bottle is sort of rectangular shaped and short (3 oz bottle) so the cap poked a tiny bit out at the top of my cleavage but other than that it fit really snug and didn’t move at all. Of course it was super uncomfortable having the heat pack against my bare chest for 45+ minutes until I left the facility. Felt like I was in menopause or something. Anyway, I put a slightly loose-fitting t-shirt on and you couldn’t tell I had anything in my bra and the collar was high enough that the cap wasn’t showing.

I got to the facility - it was done in a small chiropractor’s office that sidelines as a drug testing facility (its apparently more and more common for chiropractors to make extra money this way, which is weird but whatever). The place was super empty and it was just me, the elderly chiropractor, and utter silence in the rest of the place. He didn’t pat me down or anything. He had me put my purse in a side room and then he put a glove over the bathroom faucet and also told me not to flush. He left me to do my thing in the private bathroom. When I shut the door I pulled my pants down and sat on the toilet so that I could leave some actual pee in the toilet since they had that blue stuff in there to tell if I actually peed. When I took the bottle out it was still over 100 so I took off the heat pack and unscrewed the cap. Left it on the cold counter for about 10 secs but I couldn’t hold my bladder anymore and started to pee. Took pauses in peeing and then would pour some in the sample cup from the bottle and held the bottle up a bit so it actually sounded like pee hitting it. After I emptied the bottle I still had tons of pee because I was preparing in case I had to give my own sample and drank tons of water so it’d be diluted. This gave me time though to leave the cup on the counter to cool. After about 15 more seconds of me peeing I checked the temp strip on the cup and it read 100. I called it good, finished up and left the bathroom. The guy checked the temp and color, said it was good and had me sign the sample and some papers and I was good to leave.

That was yesterday, Thursday. I was told that my employer should have the results by Monday or Tuesday. So now I’m just nervously waiting out the weekend praying that my batch wasn’t just like water with yellow food coloring that I heated up haha. If it was a real product like the validity site says it is, then I’ll pass because it’s got urea, it’s balanced for ph and specific gravity and all that good stuff.

I’ll for sure update you guys on my results...if I don’t have a heart attack before then out of nervousness haha.

11. I definitely would NOT mention any medications that you are on. I myself am on depression and anxiety meds but was scared to mention it since I wasn’t sure if any of the ingredients would show on the test usually. I think it’s best to stay quiet about these medications until after the test is complete and you’ve started your job or altogether if the meds won’t interfere with you’re ability to complete your work. Synthetic urine is meant to mimic the pee of a completely healthy person so if I were you I’d also mimic a completely healthy person.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Used it for the first time today and it was pretty sloppy, knocked the bottle over as I was dumping powder in at home so lost I little bit I think, but still a nice yellow, ended up using the heat powder smh again and I only got it to like 94 degrees so yeah not too confident about it honestly, should know by Friday but i’m Extremely nervous and hopefully someone on here will let me know I’m ok lmao

13. You are doing way too much thinking. They dont care about what meds you are talking only what the test strip shows and yours will show all negative. They won’t bring anything up unless there is a problem with the sample.

14. You will be fine. Come back and give us an update so it gives the next poor guy some confidence when he/ she needs to submit a synthetic sample. This process can be very stressful but it really shouldn’t be (I’m telling myself that too). They test for drugs. There will be no drugs in the sample given. You have one job and that’s getting the sample to the correct temp. The rest will take care of it’s self. GL

15. If you’re replying to me Budsman that’s awesome I appreciate the input, I talked to a guy that used QuickFix for the same test last year and he said he passed, and SS is ajust as trusted if not more but then I see that there’s no 200% money back guarantee anymore and I used the heat activator and only got it to like 94-95 so we’ll see but I should know by Friday and will def let the thread know

16. And for what it’s worth it was at a classroom orientation and 20 of us submitted at the same time soooo

17. Got pulled for a random at work, Quest Diag - 6 panel. Had a few days to prep, found this forum ordered sub solution from test negative. Used with hand warmers as there seems to be mixed reviews on the heating powder coming up as an adulterant. Mixed the powdered urine with 102 degree water (microwaved). Foot hand warmers kept it at 97-98 for 20 minutes when placed under the boys. Practiced a few times before hand to make sure I could duplicate. Turned it in right at 96 degrees on the bottle they gave me to pee in, can’t believe how easy this was. They have a customer for life. Thanks to all who have shared their stories as well. Can’t wait for all this to go away someday!

18. Damn now I’m just really worried that I used the heat activator

19. #279 DeathMetaller420, Jul 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
    Same story(mostly) as everyone here. Used quickfix in the past with no issues but got a little worried after reading recent reviews of it being detected in UA's. I purchased SS instead. Not going to repeat what others have mentioned about concealing but I will detail the test particulars. This was DOT test for a highly safety oriented job regulated by PHMSA(Pipeline hazardous material and safety administration). The testing is managed by Pipeline Testing Consortium and my drug test will be analyzed by a certified testing laboratory out of Lenexa, Kansas called Clinical Reference Laboratory. I was sent to an urgent care clinic for collection. They made me empty pockets, remove hat, etc. but allowed me to return items back on my person before going into the restroom. Had to wash hands before and after. I was allowed privacy in the restroom as well. I did use the included heat activation powder as I didnt read about any potential issues until aftwards. I had no issues heating to temp. The color of the urine when mixed did have me concerned a little bit which I did at home. It appeared to have a brownish tint when compared to my bottle of quick fix. I purchased from test negative though so I'm sure the product is authentic. Fingers crossed. I am currently employed so no biggie if I dont pass but this job pays $45/hr, almost double what I make now so ill be kicking myself in the ass if I dont pass. Just to clarify a few questions ive seen regarding the time frame in which this product needs to be used: I initially was concerned about the "use within 6 hours" disclaimer. My test is being sent off to a clinic out of state which obviously will be testing the specimen waaayyy past the 6 hour mark so I called clear choice. The reason for the 6 hour mark is to limit the amount of bacteria that will naturally occur in the specimen. This is a factor for tests processed the same day, however is not an issue for specimens tested at a later time as even real urine grows bacteria in the same manner that ss synthetic urine does. The testing process, confirmed by company I am testing for, will be immunoassay confirmed with GS/MS. Ill update my results when I hear..I guess its time to lay down my relationship with MJ though if I land this job. Ive been smoking daily for 20 years but at $90k/a year it just isnt worth the risk as ill be subject to extensive random. Also, SS says they have a 200% money back guarantee. Sounds good and all but the fine print mentions not valid for failures from temp out of range and "invalid" results. The only way a test comes back invalid is if the lab has picked up that synthetic/adulterant or similar was used. So that guarantee is bullshit and makes me question exactly how sure of their product they are unless I'm missing something.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Like Like x 2