1. Win a $250 shopping spree at Grasscity.com! To enter subscribe to our youtube channel.
    Dismiss Notice

My experiance with online seed stores

Discussion in 'Cannabis Seeds Banks' started by nikidog11, May 11, 2003.

1. I thought I might post some candid information about 3 companys I tried and the trials and tribulations of using online seed stores.

First off, I think its generally good wisdom to have seeds sent to another addresse if possible. Particuarly if you are a commercial grower. However, because of the fact that I hold a current med card, and I do not beleive in telling ANYONE what im up to, I opted to ship to my addresse. According to forum information I have gathered usually the worst case scenario is customs will confiscate your beans and send you a nasty letter that someone tried to send you something illeagle. And then as BPP said "let paranoia take over". One other point I might make, I also considered, would the person you ship to really take a fall for YOU on a possesion charge? Yes I know were only talking seeds, but a point to consider anyways.

Also the seed stores I dealt with claim a 95% + delivery succses. All three of my orders did arrive.

I beleive somewhere on "growkind" or "greenman" forum there is a pretty comprehensive list of the good bad and ugly seed co's. If you cant find it PM me and I will.

I tried to cover the board with my "experiment"
    I live "somewhere" in the US

1-Seedsdirect, highly reccomended, established, proven,

Large inventory, My order took about 2 1/2 weeks to arrive. Product ordered was product shipped, I was not impressed with the packaging, to be honest of all the co's I tried, there packaging was the worst and most conspicuos. Of the 10 NL beans I ordered 5 were crushed to death. However the 10 free Skunk#1 arrived undamaged. Even though It was NOT the fault of SD I asked if they would compensate for my 50% loss, unfortunatly they can not if the seed pack was opened. (my loss)

2-Quickseeds, virtually unknown to most on the forums I patrolled.

Some mixed reviews for the little I could find. Seems to be a "newer" less established co. There claim to fame is quick delivery. There inventory is small compared to most others I might note that most of what little critisism I found about them centered around the fact that they ship registered and dont tell people who get pissed or paranoid when they have to sign. I requested that my order not be shipped registered and they said no problem. My order took 16 days after funds cleared NOT 5 as promised. The packaging was MUCH better this time very inconspicuos and all beans survived. However despite QS promise the were sent registered anyways. Order shipped complete.

3-UK Seed Supplies, Good Reputation, Proven,

There inventory was adequate, prices were good, and online ordering was easy as was the others. Packaging was almost identical to QS but 5 of the 20 I ordered were crushed. Funds cleared and was delivered in 12 days. Package was not sent registered. I have yet to hear if they will help any with my loss but I will update this post when I hear back. **Update, UKSS has offered to replace my crushed beans free of charge** now thats service.

Summary.
    Ordering online is viable, do a little homework to avoid the known rip offs and take your chances accordingly.
    I think if I have to do it again (hopefully not for awhile) I will go with UKSS, they seem to me to have the right balance of reputation, packaging, delivery times, inventory and ease of ordering.

2. hows johnnyreeferseed.com its seems a little to easy to get seeds and its free (only shipping)

3. they're fine...........and as for ukseedsupplies, i have used them in the past, and found them to be really good...........Peace out..........Sid

4. Thank you for the well written and informative review .

5. Just wanted to add if your willing to do a complete start to finish grow diary some breeders will send you totally 100% totally free seeds just got 10 more auto fem from seedsman 5 sucker punch and 5 candy kush only took about a week to arrive seeds came in a Hendrix CD hidden very well took me 2 days to figure out they were in between the outer plastic case and the inside one anyways bout to germinate them in 2 days since I'm harvesting 4 plants this week anyways all you do is email tell them your interested in getting seeds for doing a grow journal and bang 100% free seeds no shipping cost for seedsman this is going to be my second batch of free seeds from them god luck and happy growing

Grasscity Deals Near You