My ex doesn't want me to smoke.

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by misseverly, Oct 8, 2012.

1. I'm in a really stupid situation. Me and my ex of two years broke up a month ago because he was super uninvolved and we were really burnt out. Well, he's asking me to get back together now. He's trying to do all the things now that he never did when we were together and win me back or whatever. I'm willing to try it again but there's a couple things I can't stand. He wants to work on the swat team, and he's a freemason which I'm still side eyeing pretty hard. it gets worse though. I can't smoke weed if i'm going to be with him. he hates it and won't date someone who smokes.
    so..
    I'm really conflicted. I don't know what to do. input?:confused:

2. >ex
    >swat team
    >ex

>ex

3. Fuck that, just going to be the same cycle. Don't waste your time.

4. Swat team. Knows you smoke. Hates weed.

theres only one solution, cut all ties immediately.

5. swat team = no no

6. Are you serious? I would avoid this person entirely.

7. Then don't get back together with him...

What part of that choice is hard? :p

He was clearly a shitty boyfriend before, and now he wants to get back together, but only if you change for him?

Fuck that.

8. Don't change who you are for someone. What's the point in compromising yourself?

9. not very fond of freemasons

10. You should also have a rule - you won't date anyone who doesn't smoke. Tell him to make a decision..

11. True. The rest of your life is a long time to live a lie.

12. fuck that, find yourself a nice stoner who wont try to change you

13. tell him to get bent and find yourself a man who likes you for you, and that includes your habits whether they be illegal or not.

14. yup that's what I did. I'm never dating a guy who doesn't smoke again. ever.

15. I think it's fine to date someone who doesn't smoke, as long as they're totally cool with you smoking.

I have some friends who are a couple, the dude smokes, the lady doesn't, but she doesn't give a damn that he does. She's tried it before and doesn't like it because it just makes her instantly fall asleep, but she has no issues with people that enjoy it.

Don't necessarily limit yourself to only people that smoke, but also don't let someone tell you how to live your life. ;)

16. So... what u doing Friday night :ey: haha jk

17. Don't date him you don't seem fond of him

18. Tell him kick rocks, were you smoking before you met him?

19. Maybe you need to talk with each seriously. Ask those things again and ask her the reasons why.