My EP "The Chronicles"

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by yourHIGHness, Apr 25, 2011.

1. #1 yourHIGHness, Apr 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2011
    Hey there GC music lovers. I have just recently released a digital version of my EP. I would appreciate if you could take a listen and perhaps take a moment to leave a comment.

The Chronicles EP | Lady ASG

it was released on April 20th :D
    It's *free to download for now, so if you enjoyed what you have herd feel free to spread the link around to like minded friends.

Thank you so much for giving an indi artist like me a chance

Peace and Guidance :bongin:

*not for much longer!

2. :(

I guess my music is not as good as I thought it was.

At least I tried...

:cry:

lol

3. It's pretty dope, I really like the beat selection. Do you have any more mixtapes or anything?

4. i like that streets on fire song, man keep on keepin on :hello:

5. Thanks guys! I appreciate your responses.

Nick I am featured on many mixtapes, but haven't put out any myself. I am working on my next album though, so stay tuned!

6. You've got mad steez.

7. Thanks! I appreciate your time! :smoke:

8. you sound like a female atmosphere,,,

idk back packer hip hop takes to long to de cypher and the beats are always so bland and complex

no doubt I give mad props for keepin the golden era hip hop

on the really real, every track sound like your trying to push a message down my throat or somthing

pros, you sound good, you got good flow, and delivery, and lyrics and meaning

cons- beats are just typical independent boom bap hip hop,,, see the beats are too chill to be spittin some real militant stand up for your right type ish,,,, you need some street heat, that is hella simple but hella powerful at the same time

like this instrumental
    [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVk9zPpS7co]YouTube - Cormega - Get Out My Way[/ame]
    this beat tells everybody Listen the fuck up,, I got somthing to say

9. It sound weird listening to a girl rap.

10. Huh??

11. like instrumentally bland, the beats are chiller smoother

and the lyrics are to complex

so you got complex lyrics on a beat that makes me not wanna hear what shes saying idk, just my 2cents, i dont like backpacker hip hop, its WINE-e

12. What the fuck is Backpacker Hip Hop?

Lol, can't she just rap without having a silly label slapped on it like that

13. yeah

like super intelligent songs with strong message, I like hard simple gangster beats with lyrics about the streets,, idk I guess what I like is more simple metaphor with funny punchlines that make me go damm, not sum bring me down music idk though im ramblin on girl rappers are ok in my book queen lady bee

14. #15 NowIsB, Apr 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2011
    Damn. Shit went harder than I expected. Beats are ill.

Also the voice reminded me of a female lloyd banks. lol idk why.

15. #16 yourHIGHness, Apr 30, 2011
    thanks for everyones reply. Dutch, thank you for checking it... I can respect your opinions... but...
    What do you mean by the being bland, complex? First of all those two things contradict each other. It's either one or the other.
    I think the beats are simple and deep enough so you pay more attention to what I am saying, not to the beat....
    but your the type of "fan" (of hip hop) that you like to listen to uppidy party atmosphere stuff without a message... which is cool...but just like you don't like "my style"... I can't relate to that shit what so ever. I guess that makes me a backpacker.... but thats not a bad thing. There are lots of underground fans who love "backpack" music because it's real, not hip hop turn pop like the top 40 radio charts.

Also, I'm far from being a gangster, so rapping like one will not give me any type of real credit. Plus, I like to keep my music real. I live within my means, and pursue my dreams. I rap about what I see and experience around me.

16. thats a first! :p

thanks for listening!

17. #18 Two Joints, Apr 30, 2011
    I'd rather be listening to a rapper dropping knowledge and intelligence than all that gangsta shit. Hip Hop started out as a way to get accross your message. Too bad the message these days is mainly all about being gangsta, it's really sad. Del, Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, Blackstar, Bliss'N'Eso, Looptroop, Hieroglyphics, P.U.T.S...all these artists provoke thought through their music, while Lil Wayne, Jay-Z etc are all just puppets of the music industry that are purely there to entertain.

18. I think you might be deluded by all the shit playing on the radio man, how can you say these beats are typical? Please point me in the direction of other beats that are similar. The lyrics work perfectly with the beats, you don't wanna overwhelm the listener with some upbeat party beat when your trying to drop some knowledge. The mainstream rap is filled with weak unintelligent lyrics that rely on some banging electronic party beats crammed with too many samples. And in reference to the beat you posted, all it's saying to me is "listen to me, I'm the best, yeah my ego is big", the lyrics in the track back this up. And It sounds a hell of a lot more common than the op's beats.

19. Thank you two joints for listening.

If I were to EVER come on the Cormega tip... THIS is how I would come:
    YouTube - Cormega - Testament

The beat you posted is on some dipset commercial stuff that aint really my tip.
    but THIS beat is more along my steeze....